Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who pump..

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM
  • 8 Replies
How often do you pump?? I try to pump every 4 hours but here lately its been rough on getting to the pump!
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Avetay
by Ave' on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:12 PM
I only really pump in the morning after a feed but when u was working it was every 3 hours
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 28, 2014 at 8:12 PM
My goal is every 3-4 hours, but that doesn't always happen.
caitipenn
by Silver Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 9:05 PM
3-4 hours. Unless I'm out and about. Even tho my boobs start hurting if I go too far passed that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cassielc84
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Ok I feel like I've been doing good. The past couple days I have had a couple 8 hr periods where I couldn't get to the pump. I have been mainly pumping with the babies latching on in the evenings. It makes me so sleepy. So I wait until DH is home before I nurse. I'm still getting enough to feed the babies and supplement very little formula. I'm trying to get it where we don't need formula.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:42 AM
I'm not getting enough to freeze anymore, but enough that I'm rarely having to use what I have frozen & I haven't had to supplement. I hope I can continue with at least this much when I go back to work.
kamismommy1208
by Jen on Dec. 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM
I aim for every 3-4 hrs usually right after little man eats so im on his schedule. over the holiday i was horribly sick and my supply has dropped nearly 1/2 of before :( so we had to start supplementing but now that the gogogo of Christmas is slowing i have been trying to bring it back up fingers crossed i can. I'm not a big fan of smelly formula poop! LOL
Jaimielynn811
by Bronze Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 8:22 PM
We have a weird routine but it works for us. I nurse on demand all day sometimes pumping once depending on what we are doing. At night I pump 3 times usually every time baby wakes up while my husband gives her a 3 ounce bottle of pumped milk. I get about 4-6 ounces every time I pump. I have a lot in the freezer.
other_mother
by Randa on Dec. 30, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Every 3-4 hours.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)