Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What age in infant age......

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM
  • 12 Replies
Is good to get your daughters ear pearsed? I'm thinking about getting my daughters ears pearsed. Where would be a good and safe place u would do it?
by on Jan. 20, 2015 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:17 PM

Some pediatricians do it - I'd look into that or a professional piercer over a place like Claire's or the like, personally.

MasterJenJen
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:23 PM

Most people that I know with girls have done it at 4 weeks... where the baby is still not really moving arms so much and they arent grabbing around the ears. If you're going to do it, you should before she starts grabbing things. :)

And as above... clairs will do it, and places of the sort

SmallRiver22
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:38 PM
Thanks I checked with my peds they don't. She will be 10 weeks tomorrow. Is that too early?

Quoting Heather2001:

Some pediatricians do it - I'd look into that or a professional piercer over a place like Claire's or the like, personally.

SmallRiver22
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:40 PM
Mine will be 10 weeks tomorrow. Will that be ok? Any where eles that will do them? Her drs officd won't

Quoting MasterJenJen:

Most people that I know with girls have done it at 4 weeks... where the baby is still not really moving arms so much and they arent grabbing around the ears. If you're going to do it, you should before she starts grabbing things. :)

MasterJenJen
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 1:44 PM

I think 10 weeks is still fine. Shes young enough still so she wont mess with them. I think thats why people get it done so early... just to keep the baby from pulling on them. 

Quoting SmallRiver22: Mine will be 10 weeks tomorrow. Will that be ok? Any where eles that will do them? Her drs officd won't
Quoting MasterJenJen:

TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Jan. 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM
With my older daughter I got her ears done at 4 months. I'll probably do the same with Adrianna. I did Adelyn's at Walmart but I'll probably go to Claire's this time.
kamismommy1208
by Jen on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:29 PM
I took my dd to piercing peradoga we did hers at 4 months since she was a preemie. She never messed with them and slept threw the whole piercing
bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Jan. 20, 2015 at 9:59 PM
I will go to a professional piercer before i go to Walmart / claries / etc

I was wondering this as well.
mlmynm81
by Member on Jan. 20, 2015 at 10:02 PM

I used to work at piercing pagoda and we required the child to be 2 months and have their first round of shots.

bioteach
by Ashlie on Jan. 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM

Most people around here do it before a year, and just go to some place in the mall (Claire's/Piercing Pagoda).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)