Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

husband had a seizure

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:27 PM
  • 11 Replies
His first seizure ever. Last monday. I was so scared. Called 911. Mri showed small mass on his brain. So small they don't see the need to operate. He is now on meds to control his seizures. They took away his license for six months. He is a truck driver and has lost his job. Idon't know what we are going to do. Tonight he decided he was not going to take his meds anymore. The meds r giving hin erection problems. I am very terrified he can have another seizure cause he is off the meds. I don't know if I can handle all this. I'm not leaving him. Just dobt know if I can handle all of this. I am so scared of seeing him having a seizure. He is not scared at all!
by on Feb. 27, 2015 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Heather on Feb. 27, 2015 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, there is no erection worth having seizures over, IMO.  I'd be scared too, hun!

Avetay
by Ave' on Feb. 28, 2015 at 9:55 AM
How scary. Do they know what caused it? Maybe it was just a one time thing...ive heard seizure seizure make you feel terrible
dragonqueen
by Shiloh on Feb. 28, 2015 at 10:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I would have told the doctors about his changes in his personality lately. It could be due to the mass in his brain. Things like him not feeling attracted to you and a few other things that you have posted could be the result of this mass. I'd do some research and find a doc to talk to about all of this. Good luck and keep us updated.

And me being a person who works in a crisis nursery I'd suggest that if you don't feel safe. You should get yourself and your children someplace where you do feel safe like a family members house or a friends house until this is all resolved. ((Hugs))
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Feb. 28, 2015 at 11:31 PM
Wow scary! A boner is not worth the risk of another seizer IMO. I think Shiloh might be on to something though! She's given some good advice!
Avetay
by Ave' on Mar. 1, 2015 at 12:20 AM
Has he had a CT?
bioteach
by Ashlie on Mar. 1, 2015 at 6:37 PM

From what you've said about his personality lately, and him now chosing an erection over his medication I would say that maybe this mass is causing some personality changes.  I would talk to his doctor about it.  As well as try to stress the importance of this medication to your husband.  

cookie860
by Stephanie♥ on Mar. 1, 2015 at 8:58 PM
Oh hun. This is a huge concern! Red flags all over the place. I hope your posts dont get worse. I am very concerned for you n your family dear. Please consider all advise beimg given.
bioteach
by Ashlie on Mar. 2, 2015 at 5:19 AM
I also wouldn't leave baby alone with him for quite some time. You don't know if he will have another seizure (esp since he's off his meds) or if anger will come out on the baby.
karyn9902
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2015 at 7:20 PM
The mass is what caused the seizure. Why the mass? We don't know. I hope it is a one time thing but doctors said the mass is in the right spot for a seizure.

Quoting Avetay: How scary. Do they know what caused it? Maybe it was just a one time thing...ive heard seizure seizure make you feel terrible
karyn9902
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2015 at 7:23 PM
That's what I said but sadly he does what he wants. He said that he don't care cause he won't remember when he has seizure but I said that I will remember everything! And I don't want to!

Quoting Heather2001:

Wow, there is no erection worth having seizures over, IMO.  I'd be scared too, hun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)