Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottle

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:54 PM
  • 16 Replies
My baby used to take the bottle when he first born because I didn't have enough milk but for a month now i didn't feed him the bottle because I have enough milk. He is going to be 15 weeks this Friday. I tried to give the bottle for the last 3 days and he wouldn't take it. He think it is a toy and just play with it and cry after a few times. I am thinking he doesn't know how to suck with that nipple because it's longer than my nipples. I am using the same nipples I used to give him. Maybe I need a different nipple? Any suggestion is appreciated.
by on Mar. 4, 2015 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SmallRiver22
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:07 PM
I had the same problem with the nipple being too long and gagging her. I found the only bottle she will take and that's the mam. It has a flat nipple. Also not as long.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:14 PM
Is there a reason to not just offer breast if you are making enough now?
hmhiggins87
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 3:52 PM
More than likely because you are right there with the fresh milk. If your able to produce enough just put the baby to breast. Only use bottles when you will be away from the baby. Have whoever watches the baby read how to feed the breastfed baby on Kelly mom. Baby also only needs 1-1.25 oz for each hour you are gone feed in about 2 to 3 oz portions every 2 to 3 hours.
lovemytwo88
by April on Mar. 4, 2015 at 4:10 PM
This

Quoting hmhiggins87: More than likely because you are right there with the fresh milk. If your able to produce enough just put the baby to breast. Only use bottles when you will be away from the baby. Have whoever watches the baby read how to feed the breastfed baby on Kelly mom. Baby also only needs 1-1.25 oz for each hour you are gone feed in about 2 to 3 oz portions every 2 to 3 hours.
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 4, 2015 at 5:37 PM
This

Quoting hmhiggins87: More than likely because you are right there with the fresh milk. If your able to produce enough just put the baby to breast. Only use bottles when you will be away from the baby. Have whoever watches the baby read how to feed the breastfed baby on Kelly mom. Baby also only needs 1-1.25 oz for each hour you are gone feed in about 2 to 3 oz portions every 2 to 3 hours.
Avetay
by Ave' on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:11 PM
My kids would never take a bottle from me but they would take one from my mom of husband if I want around
wantababybadly
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:22 PM
The reason why I need him to take the bottle is I am going back to work in less than 2 weeks. I was going to go back in mid April so I didn't train him sooner. He does the same thing when my husband and my mil gave it to him.
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:25 PM

Have someone else give him the bottle.  Babies typically won't take a bottle from mom because they get confused and just want the boob.

hmhiggins87
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:31 PM
If you are present he won't take bottle whether you give it or someone else gives it. Research bottle feeding the breastfed baby abd tell caregiver what to do, leave baby with them and bottle for a little bit. Baby won't starve and when he's hungry he will eat eventually.

Quoting wantababybadly: The reason why I need him to take the bottle is I am going back to work in less than 2 weeks. I was going to go back in mid April so I didn't train him sooner. He does the same thing when my husband and my mil gave it to him.
wantababybadly
by Member on Mar. 4, 2015 at 8:39 PM
I wasn't there they tried to feed him yesterday. He cried a lot so they gave it to him with a spoon. He took about an oz then I came home and couldn't wait to take my boob

Quoting hmhiggins87: If you are present he won't take bottle whether you give it or someone else gives it. Research bottle feeding the breastfed baby abd tell caregiver what to do, leave baby with them and bottle for a little bit. Baby won't starve and when he's hungry he will eat eventually.

Quoting wantababybadly: The reason why I need him to take the bottle is I am going back to work in less than 2 weeks. I was going to go back in mid April so I didn't train him sooner. He does the same thing when my husband and my mil gave it to him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)