Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tongue Tie....me too?

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM
  • 4 Replies
So the more I have been reading about James' (& Luke's) tongue & lip ties I think that I discovered that I'm also tongue tied. Now I have to decide if I'm going to do anything about it. I've survived 30 years with it - and no problems eating or speaking. But other symptoms of adult tongue ties also include jaw & neck pain (which I do have), clenching or grinding teeth (I've clenched my teeth for as long as I can remember), and headaches (which I get a ton of). I think in the long run, I'd be better off to get it fixed. However the thought of tongue pain already makes my stomach queezy. I had a gingival graft done a couple years ago & that wasn't too bad....but it also wasn't my tongue. Eeeek! I'm going to see if when I take James in for his revision if the pediatric dentist will just take a look in my mouth, & give me recommendations of preferred providers for this.
by on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Avetay
by Ave' on Mar. 15, 2015 at 9:51 AM
I know a lot of people woth tongue ties. Outnof them only 1 found someone willing to clip it.
Good luck
TristanMitchael
by Kristina on Mar. 15, 2015 at 11:15 AM
Hopefully the look at it for you! Then you'll get a better idea of your options
Heather2001
by Heather on Mar. 15, 2015 at 12:10 PM

I am almost certain I also had a severe lip tie as a baby, but it's stretched itself out over the years.  Hope you get an answer!

bbyblueAK
by Crystal on Mar. 18, 2015 at 9:00 AM
I hope you are able to get an answer
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)