Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

solid food

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM
  • 9 Replies
Abigail is six months old now. I started feeding her cereal and jars of fruit. She makes faces and spits it out. Any advice on how to get her to eat it?
by on Jun. 2, 2015 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Goldphish13
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 2:18 AM
My son was more interested in veggies when we first started him on foods. His favorite- peas and carrots! I also found he had a hard time with the really thin stuff so I thickened it up with a touch of cereal and he loved that!
Avetay
by Ave' on Jun. 3, 2015 at 7:56 AM
I always mix the baby food with cereal to thicken it up.
If I make my own ill cube it up and boil or steam it.
Axton eats sweet potatoes n squash, carrots, and peas
sophiasmommy27
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 10:05 AM
They say it can take ten tries before baby will take to a new food. I wouldn't worry much :)
SmallRiver22
by Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 6:10 PM
Kora likes her veggies over Her fruit. The only veggie she doesn't like is peas.
EricsMama06
by Sarah on Jun. 3, 2015 at 9:20 PM
My daughter didn't seem to care for fruits but loved veggies... and remember food before 1 is just for fun so don't worry if she doesn't take to it right away. I'd just keep offering it to her.
StaciF
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2015 at 9:24 PM
Could also be she still has the tongue thrust reflex and just isn't quite ready. Food shouldn't be a main/significant source of nutrition till 12 months so either try again later or just keep offering it till she's ready :)
other_mother
by Randa on Jun. 4, 2015 at 3:22 PM

I don't know. Jamie loves squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. He will tolerate green beans and peas. He thinks I am trying to poison him with bananas. Applesauce is the worst thing ever, and peaches and pears must be absolutely disgusting.

SmallRiver22
by Member on Jun. 4, 2015 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Sound like my kid. But she likes green beans and hates peas and loves all the other veggies. The faces she makes on fruit is so funny.

Quoting other_mother:

I don't know. Jamie loves squash, carrots, and sweet potatoes. He will tolerate green beans and peas. He thinks I am trying to poison him with bananas. Applesauce is the worst thing ever, and peaches and pears must be absolutely disgusting.

Colesgal4ever
by Sarah on Jun. 4, 2015 at 11:56 PM
It's new for her, it may take may times before she gets use to it. I would not worry about it. Keep offering it. Clay has been eating solids for a while now and he eats anything and everything. For a while though he would NOT eat green beans lol! He would spit them out. Now he eats them. You have to keep trying even if they seem to really hate something, always try it again. Chances are they just needed to get use to it ;)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)