Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Watching your Teens favorite TV shows

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 347 Total Views

Watching TV with your teens can be a real bonding experience. However, they usually won't gravitate to what you watch. You might have to make the effort to watch their favorite shows even if you think you might not like them. I did that with more than a few shows and the bonding that provided was incredible. Plus a found some new great shows. For the full story and pictures and comments:

http://connectwithyourteens.blogspot.com/2009/02/watching-your-teens-favorite-tv-shows.html

Jen

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
INDIA1968
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM

I TOO SIT WITH MY CHILDREN TO WATCH THEIR PROGRAMS AND IT IS A GOOD BONDING TIME BUT THEY GET MAD WHEN I ASK TO MANY QUESTIONS. LOL

IRENE

artisticmom414
by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 7:42 PM

My DD gets so mad when I comment or even gasp! We watch ER, Greys anayomy, and Private Practice.

5ontherock
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 5:58 AM

yeah i watch all my kids shows. helps me learn. although i cant really say what spongebob has taught me.......

jonathan likes the cooking compition shows, he and my husband stay uplate and watch them. i know real party animals...., 

jamie~ wife to Greg ,mom to jonathan 14, Ethan 3.5 and Rhiannon 2.

Medical Scientist on the night shift~
DisabledMom62
by on Feb. 14, 2009 at 8:24 AM

My 23 y/o daughter comes to spend the day with me about every other week and sometimes I surrender to watching cartoons with her. We definitely have different tastes in what is good cartoons but I swallow my pride and use the time to bond with her. Spongebob is okay but some of the others are pretty dumb.

jwag57
by on Feb. 16, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Our favorite family show is Lost. Great show for discussion.

http://connectwithyourteens.blogspot.com/
momof2boys9195
by on Feb. 17, 2009 at 1:42 PM

I see the Secret Life of the American Teen and Tyler Perry's House of Payne with my boys.

It makes for great dialog.

momof2boys9195

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)