Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Gay moms support group

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 457 Total Views

Hi there I am a single gay lesbian mother of three teenagers and just wanted to start a general discussion group for those of you who understand where I am comming from.Please free to talk about relationship issues that affect your kids and your lifestyle or anything related to it.Ive lived my lifestyel since my oldest daughter was 5yrs old and so therefore all three of my kids have totally accepted my lifestyle and really dont know anyother life for me.I have tried the heterosexual lifestyle abt  times since then and its not for me Ive ahd my ups and downs and thouhght id be better iff.I soon realized that changin back to a heterosexual lifestyle actually affected my kids since all they knew was my gay lifestyle,and it was affecting them in good and bad ways.Id love to hear from other gay lesbian mothers whom actually live a complete OPENLEY gay lifestyle,bi-sexual mom;s feel free to talk as well but id like to hear more from actual lesbian mothers.Just let me know what You have accomplished and or failed at being a gay mom.Id love to trade ideas and maybe help you with anything that You are struggling with that I may haev already been through.

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Tanniisha
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am also a single gay lesbian mother of two boys and I am interested in meeting other single gay moms who like to converse and who likes to live love and laugh.  As a single gay mother I have learned to be strong and to have faith that no matter what you must not give up even if others do not agree with your lifestyle!!  I am now more content with who I am and with what I want and with what I need. I highly support all those single gay mothers out there who at different time periods have felt at a loss and confused and didi not know who to turn for support and have had to deal with hardship on there own.  The best policy in my opinion is to always be honest and stay centered!

YOROSSI
by New Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 12:43 PM

No matter what relationship you are in, there will be ups and downs and your kids will always be watching and like you said things will affect them in good and not so good ways, some things are beyond our control but overall do the best you can with them in mind. Since the age of 5 my son has grown alongside and has been firsthand witness of my relationship with my partner of 7 years going on 8 years now. And I believe the most important thing for him has been the stability, commitment and the love in our relationship, even in the not so good times. Kids appreciate honesty especially in the teenage years so if your kids need to talk to you about something or your choices, they need to know you are approachable and are open to hear their feedback. If a heterosexual relationship in itself has it’s challenges, nonetheless an openly gay relationship will have its own aswell. No matter what you choose male or female, just make sure that your reasons for being with that person is because you love them, not because you might think it is easier if you do this or that but because the person next to you is someone that you want to share your life with and the lives of your kids. The most important thing is for the kids to have a home where there is love. And once you are in a  relationship they need to witness the example of love displayed between you and that person and it being extended to them. I am here to talk if you need me.. :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)