Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's your favorite part?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:41 AM
  • 22 Replies
Of winter??
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:42 AM
2 moms liked this

when it goes away   LOL

goddess99
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

when it's over.

CrnchyMamaCraig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I live in NC. I gotta say, I love the "cold". I love the snow! But then, we very very rarely see snow where I live lol. It's easy to love it when you only see it every other year or so and only for a few days tops! I'm not a fan of being hot so I'm happy when it's cooler around here! It is 28 degrees here today and I loved walking out into the brisk cool air this morning :D
CrnchyMamaCraig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM
LOL I figure I'll get quite a few answers like this!

Quoting michiganmom116:

when it goes away   LOL

michiganmom116
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:49 AM

I used to love it when I was a kid, but now I break when I fall on the ice....and we've got some nice smooth ice under the snow right now.  I hate knowing my DH and adult kids are on the roads in this crap, and I hate how long the winters last here.  We also get sub-zero temps...hard on my outdoor animals, along with the ice.  For the past 2 years I've had vet bills thanks to my horses falling on the ice...one of my dogs slipped and fell last year and strained her hip.  I could handle a few months of winter, but we have it from November through April, sometimes into May.  I get pretty antsy by the time March rolls around.  LOL

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: LOL I figure I'll get quite a few answers like this!

Quoting michiganmom116:

when it goes away   LOL

CrnchyMamaCraig
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I totally understand that! I wouldn't like that either! Where you live makes a huge difference in how you perceive the season. There's a big difference between here and there!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I used to love it when I was a kid, but now I break when I fall on the ice....and we've got some nice smooth ice under the snow right now.  I hate knowing my DH and adult kids are on the roads in this crap, and I hate how long the winters last here.  We also get sub-zero temps...hard on my outdoor animals, along with the ice.  For the past 2 years I've had vet bills thanks to my horses falling on the ice...one of my dogs slipped and fell last year and strained her hip.  I could handle a few months of winter, but we have it from November through April, sometimes into May.  I get pretty antsy by the time March rolls around.  LOL

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: LOL I figure I'll get quite a few answers like this!

Quoting michiganmom116:

when it goes away   LOL

virginiamama71
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:09 AM

NOTHING

arpazia
by Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM
The first week, the rest I could do with out.
Why must it be so long?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:33 AM

The end of it! lol

Whereismymind
by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I like when everything is all
Frost/ice/ snow covered and perfect looking before it melts or gets dirty.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)