Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good Cheer Challenge Day 3: Keeping it Sweet!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM
  • 141 Replies

It's been said that fruit is nature's candy. Fruits contain natural sugars, beneficial nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. While on the contrary, candy is loaded with sugar, artificial dyes, and flavors. Today's challenge is to replace candy with fruit to satisfy your family's sweet tooth!

Here are some easy ways to replace candy with fruit:

• Eliminate temptation by not buying candy.
  • Keep fruit in convenient places. The next time you get home from grocery shopping get all the fresh fruit you bought, split them in individual snack portions, and store them in zip lock bags. Clear out a drawer in your fridge so your snack bags are in an easy to reach spot. It's also always good to have a bowl of fresh fruit in your house.
  • Encourage your kids to eat fruit by making it fun! Draw funny faces on Mandarin oranges and let your kids pick which funny face they want to peel and eat! You can also get your kids to eat a variety of fruit by making them colorful fruit kabobs.

happy

How do you satisfy your sweet tooth? Do you keep fresh fruit in your house? How do you encourage your kids to eat fruit instead of candy?

One mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $50 American Express gift card and a Halos Prize pack!

Join Our Good Cheer Challenge- Sign Up Here!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM
Already done. DD steals from our fruit basket. And damn, we still have Halloween candy! But her grandparents spoil her rotten.
sonnyswoman75
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM
I am bad about wanting chocolate in the house.
AspensMama1537
We dont give them candy. We always have fruit on hand. :)
momofsixangels

I try to limit the amount they get.I will also get sugar free candy

lunyuny
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:04 PM
This is the sweet in our home. The temptation would be there with candy so we dont buy it.
auntangelofsix
We buy fruit he see us eatting it he wants ours
Katt709

We do have fresh fruit always available but I've been on a chocolate kick lately. So tonight we're have crockpot chocolate lava cake. MMMM!

spitfire06
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Strawnerries :)
jaxons_mama
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM
We always have some sort of fruit in the house. I keep the candy put out of my sons reach and I offer fruit when he wants a snack. Candy is a treat
micheledo
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 3:07 PM

We keep a ton of fresh fruit in the house.  I just bought:

8-10 lbs bananas
5 lbs oranges
5 lbs cuties
6 lbs pears
4 kiwi
3 lbs apples . . . I think that is it.  :)

It is never enough.  I need to buy more so that they can snack on it.  Right now it is usually eaten at meal times.  I need to eat more when I am craving sweets.  Just need to make it a habit. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)