Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wonderful Water

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have the hardest time getting my kids to drink water. We don't do soda in our home, but my children still prefer milk, juice or breakfast smoothies over regular old H2O. I can relate. I wasn't really into “boring old water” when I was a kid either, but I know that it's crucial for the health and wellness of our bodies.

I find that my family is much more inclined to hydrate if I flavor water with fruit such as Halos, raspberries, lemons and blueberries. I simply fill up a jug in the morning with filtered water and ice cubes and washed fruit to the mix. As it sits, the water starts to take on the flavor of its add-ins. The kids think it's fun, and I'm happy that I'm not having to constantly remind them to get their eight glasses in before bedtime. Plus, the fruit makes for a nice little snack when the water gets low.

You can even use a special portable infuser bottle for fruit-infused water on the go. Many families also use a home carbonator to make water “fizzy” for their kids. Skipping the sugar and dye and sticking with straight seltzer water is a good way to get the hydration benefits in an exciting, bubbly manner.

How do you encourage your kids to drink enough water?

by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krys1025
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 1:30 AM
We don't give them options lol. We have nothing but water and milk in the house. Their nit crazy about milk so water it is :)
bhwrn1
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 5:43 AM
1 mom liked this

my oldest drinks a lot of water. Middle I need to add things to it. LO doesn't like it, but he'll drink it, especially in hot weather at camp. Hard to encourage him but we use special water bottles.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 7:12 AM
Ds does not like milk so water is the only orher choice mist days dd is a little harder silly straws help
sara_7106
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:14 AM
My dd loves water. She occasionally has almond milk or juice
jen113000
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:49 AM
They drink it just fine. I also water down their juices.
Apr1l
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:15 AM
Just make them lol
But no I make aure they have a glass by them with every meal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Exactly what we do.

Quoting krys1025: We don't give them options lol. We have nothing but water and milk in the house. Their nit crazy about milk so water it is :)

Madelaine
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:30 AM

We only serve water and milk so that makes it easy!

TerriC
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM

They take a bottle with a built in straw filled with water to school every day.  They also love lemon in their water, so at home we will cut up lemons and limes and they add them to their water.

TerriC
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 9:38 AM

It certainly does!  :-)

Quoting Madelaine:

We only serve water and milk so that makes it easy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN