Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good News Round-Up!

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 36 Replies

Stuck indoors because of the polar vortex, my mommy friends and I have been trading more than a few emails over these past weeks. From seeing if Tuesday's afterschool class is cancelled (again) or who is heading to the PTA meeting despite the chilly temps, we are bantering constantly via email.

The fun part? One of us will inevitably shoot the others a link to an article that's funny or interesting she spotted online that day. The other fun part? Now I'm passing along those fabulous finds to you! 

-- You will not believe this heart-warming story about how a couple celebrated their 66th wedding anniversary at the Waldorf Astoria...for just $15 a night!

-- Have some serious laughs with these 39 test answers that are so wrong, yet so hilarious. My favorites: #2, #6, #23...oh, they are all just fabulous.

-- Next time you are cooped up inside, see if you and the kids can recreate famous scenes from movies like this couple did with their toddler.

-- This letter from a mom to the man who sat next to her and her child on a long flight is a testament to the kindness in the world. It made headlines a while back, but is worth reading again.

-- I file this one under "Hey, I didn't know that!". He gave us Romeo and Juliet, as well as some of the best sonnets to read at a wedding ever, but Shakespeare also popularized a few words you probably use every day. Who knew?

-- This list is so simple and so honest about what girls need - really need - from their dads.  A must-read for every parent.

-- I'm a sucker for genius writing, especially about parenting. That's why I adore this short, but sweet ode about being a first-time mom...or a neomamma, as the writer calls it.

Which one of these good news pieces did you like the best?

ŠiStockphoto.com/BrianAJackson                            

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 7:31 AM

The 39 test questions...hilarious.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:31 AM

I saw the one about the 66th anniversary on the news =)

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 8:36 AM

I loved the letter from a mom.  It made me cry.  It was very touching, and it is wonderful to see kindness and compassion in humanity.

39 Test answers was hilarious!  I especially liked the ones where the teacher had a sense of humor and said something back to the smart aleck :).

Neomamma was pretty cool :).

The Daddies list is pretty neat as well.

mrswillie
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM
I will have to check them out.
johnny4ever
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:16 AM

Letter from mom to man

Madelaine
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM

The letter from a mom

Madelaine
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:52 AM

The 39 questions are hilarious!

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:58 AM
I liked reading the one about Shakespeare. :)
Jukebox_Jenny
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Super funny!

Quoting Sisteract:

The 39 test questions...hilarious.

Jukebox_Jenny
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 10:01 AM
I never saw it but, how cute?! :)

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I saw the one about the 66th anniversary on the news =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN