Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Websites for Fabulous (and Free!) Fun

Posted by   + Show Post

Here's the scene: the kiddos built a fort in the dining room, ran up and down the stairs 41 times just to see if they could, and played three rounds of Monopoly...all before noon. They're ready for a little down time (as are you). You search for the remote to put on WALL-E or My Little Pony, but, ahem, you forgot about one little problem. 

It is March Madness. 

That TV is occupied with two teams, one orange ball, and tons of screaming fans (including the one sitting on your couch who looks a lot like your husband).

What do you do? You flick on the computer, and head to one of these great websites. With free printables, craft ideas, and fabulous activities and games, they offer online fun that will keep the kids busy until that triple overtime is, well, over.

-- Wonderopolis.org answers all of those questions that pop out of our kids' mouths. From "How many blocks of ice makes an igloo?" to "How are picture books made?", you can search the site by subject and by grade level. See what awesome facts your kids may discover as they pop around this "wonder"ful site.

-- KinderArt.com has art activities for every season, every age level, and every kind of medium you have lying around that craft corner.

-- Sfskids.org is the home of the San Francisco Symphony, which offers an array of music fun. Learn about instruments, experiment with tempo, explore harmony, and much more.

-- Mocomi.com is one of the best online magazines for kids, offering fun quizzes and puzzles about everything from science to history, reading to math.

-- Spattula.com is the place for any kid who is into cooking. Easy recipes, basic how-tos, and even kitchen-crafty activities are all on this one website.

-- Gws.ala.org is run by the Association for Library Service to Children, which is a division of the American Library Association. They have a "site of the week" area, but also offer page after page of kid-friendly websites. You can find literally anything your child is into: animals, the arts, science, space...really, truly anything.

Which websites do you love your kids to visit?

©iStockphoto.com/Vladimir Nenov

by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-45):
Kaci
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you!

Quoting sukainah:

It's a learning site that my son got from school, since it's sponsored by the school, he has to know the password.  I'm not sure how much it would cost, but it's a cool site.

Quoting Kaci: Hmm what is that one about?

Quoting sukainah:

These are great!  I bookmarked them.  My kids love PebbleGo

Charizma77
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:05 PM

Gonna check these out. Thank you

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Thanks for sharing :)

emtgirl885
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM
thanks for sharing!
emtgirl885
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 6:45 AM

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)