Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

10 Healthy Rainbow Snacks

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 38 Replies

Saint Patrick's Day is coming up and rainbow snacks are all the rage right now! Many parents want to send their kids to school with fun treats but have trouble coming up with healthy seasonal selections. It's totally possible to come up with delicious bites using natural, homemade options. From rainbow kebabs to layered truit treats, here are ten of my healthy favorites.

• Rainbow spaghetti – Use natural food dye to color pasta and lets the kids go crazy eating it and shaping their noodles into funny designs.

• Popsicles – Freeze fruit juice in layers for a sweet and healthy treat.

• Fruit kebabs – Skewer fruit in a row in the order of the rainbow.

• Fruit platter – Simply organize fruit such as strawberries, Halos, green grapes, blueberries and blackberries for a colorful array.

• Oatmeal – Make a miniature rainbow with fruit directly on top of a bowl of oatmeal for a nice surprise with breakfast.

• Cream cheese roll-ups – Use natural dyes to color cream cheese and roll it into wraps with turkey and ham or spread it onto a bagel.

• Rainbow pancakes – Dye bowls of multigrain pancake batter each color and make a stack with one of each!

• Fruit leather – If you make your own fruit leather at home, try pouring layers of different colored fruit puree next to each other to dry into a rainbow roll-up.

• Rainbow chips - Get fruit and vegetable chips in assorted colors. Layer them in a clear bag.

• Smoothie – Layer fruits and vegetables into a rainbow array in your blender and ask the kids to guess what color your “rainbow smoothie” will end up being.

Do you make special holiday snacks for your kids?

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
psych_mom
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 1:12 AM
I don't make special St. Patrick's day snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:26 AM

I have been looking at ideas on Pinterest, but I like several of these.

johnny4ever
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:39 AM

Yes I do

krys1025
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM
I do but not usually St pattys day treats
PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:27 AM

Yes I do! Great ideas! Thanks!

goddess99
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I don't make anything for St. Patrick's day but I make sprinkle pancakes for my dd. She loves them.

TerriC
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:24 AM

Those are great ideas.  I usually make green pudding with whipped cream and shave Andes mints on it.  The girls love it.

mrswillie
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:33 AM
For holidays, I do somethings but most of our snacks are healthy. I think we could like off fruit in the summer.
jessicasmom1
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM

DD loves these colored fruit kebabs

Bubbie0809
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:36 AM

I don't do anything for St. Patrick's day, but I think some of the ideas will be great for summer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)