Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goldfish Bento for Fruity Fun

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 40 Replies
2 moms liked this

I've made my family's health a BIG priority this year, and part of that is making sure my kids get plenty of fruit and vegetables every day. If you're like me and looking for a sweet snack to incorporate new tastes, try this contemplative little fish!

I've seen a few orange and mandarin fish bentos over on Pinterest, and the underwater ones are always a hit. Food artist Ida Frosk inspired this one, which I made by simply peeling a Halo and laying the segments out in the shape of a goldfish. Add a raisin eye, strawberry lips, some spinach seaweed and cauliflower bubbles to make it come to life.

Some other ways to have fun with fruit include creating a fruit petting zoo to show kids the many varieties and textures that are available. There is so much to explore beyond the traditional “apple a day.” Bust out of the breakfast banana routine and try something new!

Does your family incorporate fruit into their diet in interesting ways?

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:50 AM

That's really adorable.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:51 AM

I like doing different things with fruit, as in fruit salads, adding fruit to cole slaw or carrot-raisin salad andrab salad. Smoothies, and even in some entres.

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:58 AM

That is hilariously fun!  My kids just eat it.  I've never made fruit sculptures ore veggie castles, but that is really cool!

johnny4ever
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I sneak it in if I can

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM
That's cute.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:23 AM

cute idea!!

TerriC
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I did more so when they were little.  Now, I make fruit salad.  Everyone loves it and takes it in their lunches.

jen113000
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:44 AM
That's cute! But we just cut it up and eat it. My kids love eating fruit! No issues there at all.
krys1025
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 9:54 AM
They just eat it. They love fruit. That's a cute idea.
timon95
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 11:01 AM

no, my kids just eat them normal without me having to make them into animal shapes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)