Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Summer Plans

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM
  • 28 Replies

Do you have anything planned for this summer? 

by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gonzo318
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:06 AM

My little man turns 3 at the end of June so we will have his birthday party at the local park. A cousin of ours is getting married in Virginia (we are in PIttsburgh) but we aren't sure if we are going to make it...we have a lot of big expenses right now (building a house) and just had a new baby so we may skip it for tat reason...my brother lives near Hershey, PA so we may take a long weekend with the kids and head out there just for a quick getaway since it really wont cost us much, as we would stay with him and its not terribly far away

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:21 PM
Nothing huge. My step daughter is moving in after she graduates college. I have friends visiting in August and September...one in the mountains, one to the beach...and we are going to visit.
Gonzo318
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 9:59 PM
I'm sad we don't have a beach trip this summer. What beach will you be going to?

Quoting Angela4boys: Nothing huge. My step daughter is moving in after she graduates college. I have friends visiting in August and September...one in the mountains, one to the beach...and we are going to visit.
Ziva65
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:04 PM

yes :)

We just booked a trip to Germany for our family. I'm somewhat nervous about it- particularly with this whole Malaysia flight thing :(  go insurance on it... just in case I change my mind..... we'll see, I was excited about it...now, I don't know.

Our oldest goes off to college next summer, so this seemed to be a good time, or we might not all get to go together...

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:26 PM

My boys both have a June birthday so we always throw a huge birthday bash. We will also be going to great wolf lodge. We always have a huge 4th of July cookout at our house. We will also be camping, boating, trips to the Pittsburgh zoo, Sandcastle, Kennywood, & Cedar Point.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Haven't finalized plans yet, but I know we'll be going to a family reunion in virginia in July and one in August in North Carolina, and we're going to Williamsburg, Va. Right now just finalizing plans for Spring Break.

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 5:57 AM
Outer Banks, NC...it's only 3 1/2 hours from here.

Quoting Gonzo318: I'm sad we don't have a beach trip this summer. What beach will you be going to?

Quoting Angela4boys: Nothing huge. My step daughter is moving in after she graduates college. I have friends visiting in August and September...one in the mountains, one to the beach...and we are going to visit.
CrnchyMamaCraig
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Not really...I want the kids to take swimming lessons and we were hoping to go to the beach. :)
Gonzo318
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM
We go every other summer to Nags Head. Loooove OBX! How nice to be so close! It's about 10-12 hours from here depending on traffic

Quoting Angela4boys: Outer Banks, NC...it's only 3 1/2 hours from here.

Quoting Gonzo318: I'm sad we don't have a beach trip this summer. What beach will you be going to?

Gonzo318
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 9:12 AM
Are you near a beach? I want to start my 2.5 year old in swim lessons too. How old are your kids?

Quoting CrnchyMamaCraig: Not really...I want the kids to take swimming lessons and we were hoping to go to the beach. :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)