Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He lost his job once again

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
  • 27 Replies
I have been with my hubby for almost nine years. Married for three years. He has lost so many jobs that i have lost track. I dont know what he do to get fired but he has not lasted six months before he was fired. Then this last one he got didnt last a month before he was fired.

I am at my breaking point here and looking to make a change. We moved into this house and got a used car and dont see how we are going to keep the house when i am working parttime hours.

He wants me to yell and argue but i cant do it no more. I feel like a broking record when it comes to him losing his job. Just dont know what to do with this situation no more.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 7:16 PM
That's disappointing. My husband is in construction...and there has always come points that work gets slow, and he needs to move on. Some industries are just like that. I know it gets scary at times. Does he normally find a job pretty quickly? Have you asked him why he's getting fired? So strange.
Tay1977
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 8:54 PM
He is a drafter and sometimes it is the contract ended and he gets laid off. Other times it is he is not getting work in on time. I dont know what he does to not get the work done in enough time but we are back to one income. He is normally out of work for four to six weeks. I am praying things pick up for me where i can get more hours while he is out of work.
PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:31 PM

((((Hugs)))))

Angela4boys
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 6:01 AM
I hope he finds more work soon. Hang in there Hun.

Quoting Tay1977: He is a drafter and sometimes it is the contract ended and he gets laid off. Other times it is he is not getting work in on time. I dont know what he does to not get the work done in enough time but we are back to one income. He is normally out of work for four to six weeks. I am praying things pick up for me where i can get more hours while he is out of work.
CrnchyMamaCraig
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 7:17 AM
:( I'm really sorry. What does he do?? I know in my husbands line of work (electrician) if you're one of the lower level workers, turn Over rate is very high. Guys get hired, fired and even rehired all the time. I'm not sure why, but it seems to be typical in construction. Luckily he's licensed now and has been doing it for a long time, but in the beginning it seemed like he had a different job every year :/
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

That's a tough struggle.  I'm so sorry that you're going through this!

group hug

Ziva65
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:17 AM

oh sorry. I know it's a tough job market. Hang in there.

Do you guys talk? I usually have a sense of what is going on with my husband.

Does he have a problem or something that needs to be addressed that would help him retain the job- if that is an issue.

I have a few friends who are very specialized and have been out of work for a while, but others, in other industries don't have the same problem.

Can you increase your hours?

Keep us posted.

GypsiSky
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Wow, so sorry you're dealing with that. It has to be difficult for both of you. Prayers that he finds something quickly and is able to keep it.

Tay1977
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 10:14 PM
He is a drafter and it seems he does not have the experience they want him to have. I mean he knows his stuff but he still lacks the speed they want him to have. He does have leads just waiting for someone to call.

I did ask my job for more hours and i am doing overnights until he starts working again. Thanks for the prayers.
Tay1977
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 11:37 PM

On top of all the problems and stres we are going through with me now having to work overnight. My mother inlaw goes and blames me for my hubby losing his job. Saying that i need to stay at home and be a housewife or work as a babysitter as long as i stay at home. 

I am not use to not working and i got a job to help with the bills not to make things harder on us. I did decide that i will not stress over it and i left it in heavenly fathers hands. For he is the only one that that can fix this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)