Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Kids Changing the World

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it feels like the news is filled only with examples of people being cruel to each other. I was watching the evening news recently and report after report involved crime, deceit, jaw-dropping violence and political in-fighting. It was depressing. Then I noticed something interesting. At the end of the hour and right before signing off for the night, the anchor announced that up next was a “story of hope” about a young boy and his dog. The anchor went on to report about a child with a severe and incurable disease who had befriended a stray dog. The story of friendship and love lifted my spirit and reminded me that these are the stories that are worthy of my oh-so-seldom TV time.

We live in a world were good seems hard to find… but not today. Today I have compiled a news post just for those of you that want to smile and be reminded of all the good in the world. I encourage you to just type the words “kids change the world” into Google.  I swear you could spend all day reading the amazing stories of children all over the world who are already hard at work making Earth a better place.

Just check out these 5 kids below.

*11 year-old Abigail went to a nursing home to sing for her great-grandmother when she looked around and saw that so many residents had no one visiting them. So shecreated CareGirlz, a not for profit entertainment group that brings music and love to the elderly.

*13 year-old Charlie Coons sends blankets to orphanages all over the world. 

*8 Year-old Kayleigh Crimmins noticed that most [police dogs didn’t have bullet proof vests. So she started a charity to raise money to buy them. She called it Kids for K9s.

*The Kelley brothers spend their summer getting backpacks stuffed and ready for kids who cannot afford them. You can “like” their Facebook page here and consider donating to their awesome charity.

*Judith Adams, just after her 12th birthday, went to her mom and asked to do a fund raiser collecting dimes for the organization her mom leads called "Gifts From the Heart For Downs" to help grant wishes to those with Down Syndrome. Judy called her fund raising project "Dimes for Downs." Thus, Gifts From the Heart for Downs was born.

These are just five examples of THOUSANDS! Don’t you want to just brew some coffee and start reading all of the amazing stories of children changing the world? I do.

How do you hope your kids will change the world?

Image ©  iStock.com/Shelly Perry

by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2014 at 10:37 AM

Thank you for sharing a smile!  My kids currently serve at our local foodbank.  I hope that they continue to serve God and help others throughout their lives.

Gonzo318
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Aw I love this! 

psych_mom
by on Mar. 18, 2014 at 3:40 PM

My dd has a huge heart. She is loving toward anyone that comes into her life. I think her gift of friendship to all really helps others because when she is around there isn't a kid without a friend.

My oldest son always sticks up for the kid that is getting bullied. He was bullied when he was younger so he can relate to what they are going through.

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:14 AM

Great examples of wonderful kids who appear mature and compassionate beyond their years.

My own are grown and working.

lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:31 AM

Great stories!

jessicasmom1
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:38 AM

great stories

goddess99
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:39 AM

Good for them! Great ideas.

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Friday at 4:52 PM
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM

Great stories!

TerriC
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 8:58 AM

It is so nice to read good things! These kids are amazing  I hope my kids change the world by being positive people and doing good deeds for others when they are able.

sukainah
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Those are just awesome kids!  I have read a few online about some great kids that do wonderful things to help people.  Right now, my oldest son wants to start recycling to save the earth and also to help save the animals affected by pollution and even in the ocean and all the pollution that has gathered in the ocean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)