Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Close with Your Neighbors?

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM
  • 42 Replies

Are you close with your neighbors? Do your kids play together? 

The past couple of years all of our neighbors that we are close to have moved away.  It's hard for the kids because they had built in friends and now we hardly see them since they've moved away!

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:02 AM

We have only one neighbor family, and their kids are all grown and gone.  Our good friends used to live behind us, but they moved in 2011, and this block has been really lonely and quiet since then.

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Not at all close with our neighbors. We live in the country, and don't have many of them...the ones we have are mostly older.
Janet
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:45 AM

We are not really close with our neighbors.

ceciliam
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:06 AM

I know all of my neighbors but we are not close with them. My son is the youngest kid on the block, by a good bit, so he never really played with the neighborhood kids. All of our neighbors are nice we all just kind of keep to ourselves.

TerriC
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:10 AM

We are clos  our one neighbor and not even friendly with the other.  My kids are not allowed to play with the kids on the one side.

The other neighbors are our best friends.  Their girls are a bit older than mine, but still hang out with them and play with them every now and then.

virginiamama71
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 10:54 AM

we are kind to each other but not close

psych_mom
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:05 AM

We just moved into our house so we haven't really had a chance to get to know any of them.

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM

Lonely and quiet here too!  bad

Quoting TigerofMu:

We have only one neighbor family, and their kids are all grown and gone.  Our good friends used to live behind us, but they moved in 2011, and this block has been really lonely and quiet since then.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We know many people in the neighborhood, because most go to the Community Center, and we have become friendly with many of them, but done have kids the same age as dgd. Most of her friends are from school, and we are friendly with most of them.

arpazia
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 5:14 PM
Never met em:)
I liked our neighbors in Georgia.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN