Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will any of you be going camping this spring? 

We are doing a couple of weekend trips and the kids are really excited!  It's amazing to me that they never get bored!

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:07 AM
Replies (41-50):
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:55 AM
This summer we will be.
sukainah
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, quite a few times, plus, I was born there but moved to Nebraska when I was 9.

Quoting Bob192:

I would love to go to California.  Have you been before?

Quoting sukainah:

No, it would just be a trip.  Not moving in the near future :-)

Quoting Bob192:

You might be moving?

Quoting sukainah:

We might be with the Cub Scouts.  It may or may not happen as we may be going to California instead.

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:13 PM

I think camping with the hubby is so romantic.  Glad you get some time together!

Quoting mrswillie: Always do. The 1st is just dh and I for a long weekend. I can't wait. The next is with dh, ds, our oldest grandson and a friend's ds. We are going to Jelly Stone
Quoting Bob192:

Sounds fun!  Hope you have a good time!

Quoting mrswillie: We have 2 trips planned so far. I am sure we will go much more. I am trying to get the rv stocked. Then I have to go to DMV and get tags for it.

Bob192
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM

I have not been to any of those. Sounds fun!!

Quoting mommaof697:

I have not been to my home state in 19 yrs. I woould like to go there and spend a week. I want to go to Branson (it is a nice family tourist town). I want to see grand canyon, black hills and MT rushmore. So many places that will never happen. my first pick is either Branson or My home state.

Quoting Bob192:

Where would you like to go?

Quoting mommaof697:

I send my kids to bible camp. I do not camp anymore. I would love to go on a vacation though.

Charizma77
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:51 PM

We are not campers. 

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:14 PM

Yes! We love family camping trips :)

mrswillie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
We are started to get more time together since our youngest kids are now 17.

Quoting Bob192:

I think camping with the hubby is so romantic.  Glad you get some time together!

Quoting mrswillie: Always do. The 1st is just dh and I for a long weekend. I can't wait. The next is with dh, ds, our oldest grandson and a friend's ds. We are going to Jelly Stone

Quoting Bob192:

Sounds fun!  Hope you have a good time!

Quoting mrswillie: We have 2 trips planned so far. I am sure we will go much more. I am trying to get the rv stocked. Then I have to go to DMV and get tags for it.

NOLAdy
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 8:27 AM

We love camping.  We'll be trying to get a few trips in before summer hits.  The problem is that it rains quite a bit here in Spring, and we use a tent, so we can never make plans.  There's a couple of places close enough that we can make a spur of the moment decision about going.  Summers are just way too hot here to be enjoyable.  I used to go during the summer with friends when I was younger because we have a few state parks on the beach here, but it was HOT.

Bob192
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM

We've tried to camp through a couple of bad rain storms and it was miserable.  Last time we lost a collapsible canopy!  We've also camped on the beach in the summer.  It was hot for us too!!  The humidity was awful, our clothes stayed wet the whole time, they would not dry.

Quoting NOLAdy:

We love camping.  We'll be trying to get a few trips in before summer hits.  The problem is that it rains quite a bit here in Spring, and we use a tent, so we can never make plans.  There's a couple of places close enough that we can make a spur of the moment decision about going.  Summers are just way too hot here to be enjoyable.  I used to go during the summer with friends when I was younger because we have a few state parks on the beach here, but it was HOT.

emtgirl885
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:13 PM
Where in Texas do you live? I live near Dallas.

Quoting Bob192:

It is cool for us right now in Texas, but should be warming up any time.  This has been a very cold winter for us.  Where are you at?

Quoting virginiamama71:

I think we will in the summer but not this spring. It is still too cold for us to want to stay outside too long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN