Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just an idea...

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM
  • 19 Replies
Dh and I together have 5 kids. I don't think there is a veggie out there that we all like and I don't believe in forcing kids to eat what they don't like however they each had to have a veggie with dinner.

Our solution....

We always kept salad in the refrig. If you didn't like the veggie served you could grab a salad!
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen113000
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Good solution. My kids won't try salad though. We like the same veggies pretty much though. Broccoli and carrots are number one here. Corn and green beans are number two. I'm happy with those four choices for dinner.
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I like to keep carrots on hand for my dd.  If she doesn't like the veggie that we're having she gets cold carrots.

ceciliam
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:54 AM

That's how it was when we were growing up. I am one of six.

ceciliam
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I pretty much like all vegetables with the exception of okra, beets and lima beans. Brayden will eat broccoli, cauliflower and carrots if they are stewed. So we eat a lot of those 3. He hates green beans which I think is so odd.

Quoting jen113000: Good solution. My kids won't try salad though. We like the same veggies pretty much though. Broccoli and carrots are number one here. Corn and green beans are number two. I'm happy with those four choices for dinner.

Megan11587
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:59 AM

Good idea.  That probably wouldn't help too much in my house as  my DH is the problem when it comes to veggies.  If he gets salad, he SMOTHERS it in dressing  lol

mrswillie
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Ugh. I use to now I don't even put it on. I dip my fork then pick up my salad.

Quoting Megan11587:

Good idea.  That probably wouldn't help too much in my house as  my DH is the problem when it comes to veggies.  If he gets salad, he SMOTHERS it in dressing  lol

strictmomhere
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:26 PM
Mine all got used to veggies as babies no issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:29 PM

None of my kids really like salad :(

GypsiSky
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:32 PM

Great idea! My family seems to love all veggies except mushrooms. So we keep that on the side for those who really love it.

Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:13 PM
Nice idea. I also have 5 kids. I don't force my kids to eat things thy don't like, but they must try it. I find the "I don't like...xyz" is just a matter of familiarity, and thy eventually like it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN