Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dh and I together have 5 kids. I don't think there is a veggie out there that we all like and I don't believe in forcing kids to eat what they don't like however they each had to have a veggie with dinner.

Our solution....

We always kept salad in the refrig. If you didn't like the veggie served you could grab a salad!
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:56 AM
Replies (11-19):
virginiamama71
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:36 PM

great idea...thanks

Charizma77
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:43 PM

We can all agree on salad here too :)

PennOhioBabe
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:23 PM

Thankfully my kids eat everything I serve. Great idea though :)

mrswillie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM
That does seem odd. Most kids like green beans.

Quoting ceciliam:

I pretty much like all vegetables with the exception of okra, beets and lima beans. Brayden will eat broccoli, cauliflower and carrots if they are stewed. So we eat a lot of those 3. He hates green beans which I think is so odd.

Quoting jen113000: Good solution. My kids won't try salad though. We like the same veggies pretty much though. Broccoli and carrots are number one here. Corn and green beans are number two. I'm happy with those four choices for dinner.

mrswillie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:40 AM
Ds only like carrots if they are raw. He hates them cooked.

Quoting lalasmama2007:

I like to keep carrots on hand for my dd.  If she doesn't like the veggie that we're having she gets cold carrots.

mrswillie
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:44 AM
So did mine but not everyone in my family likrs every veggie and I didn't want to limit what everyone ate.

Dsd doesn't like spinach. Oldest ds doesn't like cooked carrots. Dh and oldest dsd are the only ones that like peas. Uoungest dsd, oldest ds and myself do not like brussel sprouts. We all like corn and broccoli. The list goes on and on.

All my kids started eating veggies early on but there are some they don't like.

Quoting strictmomhere: Mine all got used to veggies as babies no issues
mamamiajk
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:14 AM

We never had that problem. All 3 of my sons eat a bigger variety than I do! lol

Ziva65
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:20 AM

We always have a veggie with dinenr too- but they have to at least try it, and whatever they take they need to eat. We keep salad on hand, but unless you have more vegetables in it, it's pretty empty on vitamins.

But- we have 4 kids, all water polo players and they swim- they pretty much eat non-stop, they'll eat almost anything..

cafay
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM

Salads always work around here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)