Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you budget your money?

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:20 PM
  • 19 Replies

Or do you 'fly by the seat of your pants'?

I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of person. I try to budget and it just doesn't happen.

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:55 PM

I try to budget it

abra
by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 6:02 PM

We budget. :-) We can't afford not to right now. 

mnmo3bb
by on Jan. 9, 2014 at 9:36 PM

I try, been sticking to it more, groceries will get away from us if I don't meal plan & we plan our dinners out now... we've been doing Dave Ramsey's plan since 2008 & it's helped a lot!

celestegood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2014 at 11:24 PM
We budget! Can't afford not to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I try, been sticking to it more, groceries will get away from us if I don't meal plan & we plan our dinners out now... we've been doing Dave Ramsey's plan since 2008 & it's helped a lot!

I try to spend time meal planning each week-it makes a huge difference. If I don't come up with food ideas each week, then we are struggling during the week.

We did our own version of DR to get out of debt and then got off track with it. I need to just spend some time getting things sorted out and work on budgeting better. We always make sure bills are paid but we don't make sure we pay ourselves before we spend money and we need to.

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 9:57 AM
I don't have a detailed budget. Thankfully we are completely debt free...so utilities, gas and groceries are our only...makes budgeting pretty easy.
othermom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM
We budget some. We pay bills first, then get food and gas. Anything else comes from what is left
mnmo3bb
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 11:59 AM

I really like his simple steps, we've tried to it a different way, change the steps, etc and it works better his way lol we're on step 3 now (save 3-6 months expenses) our only debt is the house... we're really bad at saving so this might take a while... hoping to have 3 months done this year though.

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I try to spend time meal planning each week-it makes a huge difference. If I don't come up with food ideas each week, then we are struggling during the week.

We did our own version of DR to get out of debt and then got off track with it. I need to just spend some time getting things sorted out and work on budgeting better. We always make sure bills are paid but we don't make sure we pay ourselves before we spend money and we need to.

funhappymom
by on Jan. 10, 2014 at 2:29 PM

I really should dig out his book and start over on it. New year, new budget right?

Quoting mnmo3bb:

I really like his simple steps, we've tried to it a different way, change the steps, etc and it works better his way lol we're on step 3 now (save 3-6 months expenses) our only debt is the house... we're really bad at saving so this might take a while... hoping to have 3 months done this year though.

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting mnmo3bb:

mumsy2three
by Member on Jan. 10, 2014 at 5:26 PM

We (well I) budget.

Bills and savings are taken care of first then we can fly by the seat of our pants a bit with what is left over. I am more of a saver~ my husband a spender so there are times when I have to be the heavy and tighten the purse strings, lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)