Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Do You Select On-The-Go Snacks For Your Family?

Posted by   + Show Post

Snacks are essential for all families, especially those that are always on the go. But it can be challenging to find the perfect snacks for your children. As a parent you want something delicious and healthy that your kids will love. What do you look for in your children's snacks; nutrition, convenience, price point, etc.? 

Tell us, How do you select on-the-go snacks for your family?

by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM
Replies (61-67):
kaffedrikke
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I just grab fresh fruit or raw almonds. I like small Greek yogurts, roasted garbanzos Homemade banana chips or dried fruit that hasn't been soaked in syrup.
MommaTurbo
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:34 PM
Price and portability and nutrition.
Abigailhayden
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:04 PM
I always try to make healthy selections. Key work is try. I would say 90% of our diet is healthy. Snacks on the go are usually fruit. Otherwise I make snack size baggies of pretzels, nuts, seads, raisins. Sometimes they will get a granola bar or a fruit snack.

I don't buy anything with the following ingredients: high fructose corn syrup, color dies, high sugar or salt content. Mainly whatever I buy needs a short ingredient list and I should be able to pronounce or know what it all is.
TheFairest
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 2:45 PM
When packing snacks for the whole family, I like to grab things that are easy to carry, nutritious, filling and fun. Portion control is essential and being able to decide what that is is most important to me.
tiniowien
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 5:15 PM

The current snacks are the oats and yogurt "cookies" and the dried fruit "fruit snacks" in individual bags 

Nai_Nai
by New Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:13 PM

My kids like apples and grapes so we keep them on hand and in an easy to go container for the grapes. But on car trips we stop and get drinks and let the kids grab a snack and they can get whatever they want and normally they will pick candy or chips. But since it's not an everyday thing I'm cool with it. We go thru apples and oranges and ect. All the time

MelanieJK
by on Mar. 20, 2014 at 7:55 PM

Fruit.   Natures snack food.      Simple,   healthy,   portable,   delicious.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)