Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms Have Found A New Family Snack Option

Posted by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
  • 105 Replies

As a mom you know it can be challenging to find the perfect snack options for your family. You want something that is delicious, healthy and convenient!

CafeMom gave 25 moms the opportunity to share Mott's® Snack & Go! pouches with their family. We asked these moms to tell us why these Mott's® Snack & Go! pouches made the perfect snack option for their family. 

Tell us, have you and your family tried Mott's® Snack & Go! pouches yet?   

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Featured Replies
key2ynot
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:16 AM

We finally got to try our Mott's pouches (didn't get the package until late Monday) and the kids love them!  They did not last long with my 3 growing kiddos!  My 3 yr old daughter I think likes the 'fun' aspect the most - she enjoys squeezing it and twisting the cap off.  I enjoy that it makes less mess (no spoon that might end up hitting the floor/splattering the wall with applesauce  lol).   My two older boys -age 8 and 6 - like that it's a grab n go snack.   They are both always on the go and always moving, so something they don't have to sit down to eat is always a plus in theirbook! 

These fit right into the hectic lifestyle we have - I can keep a few pouches in the car for a snack on the go and it's no mess/easy clean up to boot!  Because it's  'fun'  my otherwise picky toddler doesn't argue with eating it and I love that it's a HEALTHY snack for all of the kids.   We will definitely be buying this again - and often!  :-)

Angela4boys
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 8:00 PM

Mobile Photo

My kids were so excited to try these Mott's Snack and Go pouches! The packaging makes them fun to eat! Strawberry was the biggest hit in our house, quoting the kids, "They're BOMB!" Which translated means, they are really good ;).

As a Mom, I was pleased to find the ingredient list was not only small, but healthy! NO added sugar! NO corn syrup! Additionally, each pouch is only 40 calories! All very impressive.

I can easily see Mott's Snack and Go pouches becoming part of our road trips, to parks, taken on beach trips, an easy snack when they are under the weather...no spills, easy to eat, no utensils, compact. These are really awesome!
incogNinja
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Ok I love these. I was astonished at the fact that they contain NO added sugar, which is not the norm for today's applesauce. All 8 pouches we received are GONE now. I tried the strawberry and some of a leftover plain one. How nice that they tasted like fruit, not a pouch of sugar. At 40 calories a pouch , its ok to have two :) I sort of wish the traditional had cinnamon but that is really just my personal preference. If I find these to be reasonably priced at a grocery store or even better , sold in bulk at costco, I would buy them again. They're mess free, quick, healthy and also delicious. Win all around
countrygirlkat
by Member on Jan. 24, 2014 at 3:01 PM

My name is Kathleen and I am a SAHM to three boys ages 8, 7 and 2 and wife to my wonderful DH for the past 10 years.  We are always on the go between riding our horses, team roping, Church, religious education, basketball, football, guitar lesson, school, speech therapy and so much more!  I was so excited to try the Motts Snack & Go pouches for my kids.  When we received the packages I was plesantly surprised right off when I saw they had no added sugar.  That is definitely a plus.  I also loved that they had boxtops for education on them!  We received two boxes of them, one that was natural applesauce and one that was strawberry applesauce.  There were four pouches in each box. 

When we got these this morning in the mail, it was actually perfect timing.  My oldest son had a stomach bug all last night and had to stay home from school today.  His stomach is feeling a tad bit better and he wanted something to eat but it needed to be something light that wouldn't make him worse.  I offered him one of these and he was so excited!  I also liked the fact that he was getting vitamins to help him get better.

He decided to try the strawberry flavor and he loved it!  My 2 year old and I also decided to try one and it was actually very good.  I was worried it would have a texture more like baby food as I have seen so many baby food pouches around lately.  It didn't though and tasted just like real applesauce.  My oldest loved it and asked if he can try one of the natural applesauce ones later in the day.  My 2 year old loved it as well.  He couldn't finish his and the cool thing I discovered is that you can twist the lid back on and save it for later. 

We will definitely be buying these.  Not only are they tasty but they are so convenient for on the go.  I plan to send both my kids one in their lunch for school tomorrow.  I love this because I won't have to send them a spoon and hope they remember to bring it back.  These will also be great when we are at rodeos, sports events, hiking and camping.  Overall my kids and I give these the thumbs up!

incogNinja
by on Jan. 24, 2014 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Weehoooo
sukainah
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

We got our Mott's Snack & Go pouches!

As you can see, we are going to try the Natural Applesauce and the Strawberry Applesauce.  I couldn't wait for the kids to come home from school to try these.  But first, as I was reading the ingredients, I noticed that there are not a lot of ingredients!  That means they are healthy.  I like that it has an 'Excellent Source of Vitamin C in it!  I always worry if my kids are getting enough Vitamin C.  And this is a perfect and fun pack to bring in the car if we don't have time to stop at home before going to an appointment or Cub Scouts after school.

When I picked up my kids from school, I told them right away that the Mott's came and that we can try it right away when we got home.  They were so excited.

When they first held the pouches, they were smiling and squishing them and they thought that was "cool"!  But they were like, how do we open them?  So I showed them and the first thing my youngest son did (on your right) was squeeze the pouch and some squirted out LOL....oopsie!  But they started sucking it out of the package and....

...LOVED them.  They both chose the Strawberry Applesauce pouches and I think this is when my oldest son (on your left) was saying "yummy".  My youngest son NEVER stopped (it seemed, even to breathe LOL) until it was all gone.  Then he said "Thank you!".  They both were so pleased with Mott's Snack & Go!  And I have picky kids, so that's quite an accomplishment!  

As healthy, yummy and easy as these are, I will be putting these on my grocery list to keep on hand for the times when we are on the go and they want a snack!  Also, I will be telling my friends about these so their kids can enjoy a healthy, easy snack as well! 

happy dance

incogNinja
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM
Ok I love these. I was astonished at the fact that they contain NO added sugar, which is not the norm for today's applesauce. All 8 pouches we received are GONE now. I tried the strawberry and some of a leftover plain one. How nice that they tasted like fruit, not a pouch of sugar. At 40 calories a pouch , its ok to have two :) I sort of wish the traditional had cinnamon but that is really just my personal preference. If I find these to be reasonably priced at a grocery store or even better , sold in bulk at costco, I would buy them again. They're mess free, quick, healthy and also delicious. Win all around
ablackdolphin
by Member on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:12 PM

I have a little bucket on the floor in our pantry so that DS2 can get his own snacks.  When I got the Mott's Snack & Go pouches I put them in his snack bucket.  It was so cute to watch him get so excited about a new snack, one he had never seen.  He picked the red one (strawberry) and brought it to me to open for him.   He finished it in no time, threw it in the garbage and went back for another! He loves them!

I love that the Mott's Snack & Go pouches are not only a healthy snack but one that is easy for toddlers to get on their own.  My kids have always loved being independent and feeding themselves is no different. Sure, he needs me to open it for him but the fact that he can go in and get his snack (with no mess) whenever he wants is a big deal for him and for me.  I don't mind putting the Mott's Snack & Go pouches in a place that he can access or letting him have as many as he wants because it's a good healthy snack.

I also love that there is no mess, no prepwork and don't have to be kept in a fridge. So many other healthy snacks require some prepwork by me. I can just throw these in my purse and keep one or two on hand!!

I will certainly use these when on the go as well. I'd have no problem giving him one while driving in the car, knowing that there is no choke hazard by doing so.

Really enjoy these and will certainly purchase them in the future.

baquick
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Mobile Photo

Got mine today! Ds will having this for snack :-)
lovinmyboys...
by on Jan. 25, 2014 at 2:27 PM
Thanks Cafemom and Mott's for letting us try the snack & go pouches. We received them yesterday and did not find them on our porch until this morning. Luckily they were not frozen solid because the boys wanted to try them immediately! Ds1 is 6. He tried and loved the strawberry applesauce. He said it is a little tangy and very tasty. Ds 2 is 2 and tried the original applesauce. He said mmmmmm. Mommy loves that they are portable fruit. Dh was surprised how much sauce was in each squeeze pouch. They will make a great snack for road trips.
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2014 at 7:13 AM

I was surprised to see there was no added sugar!  And they tasted so good-I had a little taste of one that was leftover.  The kids loved them!  I have a new thing to buy for them to eat in the car when we're out and about!  And its not as messy as crackers/cookies!  Not to mention, they are WAY healthier than cookies and crackers.  The strawberry was my oldest son's favorite flavor.

I would like to see these in bulk in sams club.  I would absolutely love to buy these and keep them on hand for everyday situations when they need a snack and I need them to eat healthy and not make a mess.  These are amazing!

smorgan865
by on Jan. 26, 2014 at 11:06 PM

My son was just so excited for something new! I think they are a great size for kids. He finished the entire package so there was no waste and he was left satisfied. I think the packaging is pretty simple enough, my 4 year old can't open it himself, which is both a good and a bad thing. For one, I don't want him to just be able to open it at any given moment, but at the same time I kind of wish I didn't have to open it for him. 

I think these would be great for our lifestyle. It's a healthy little snack and it doesn't have to be refrigerated so that's definitely a plus.

luzianagurl
by on Jan. 27, 2014 at 1:04 PM

My kids love the taste of Mott's Snack & Go pouches! They also love being able to walk around with it and squeeze it into their mouths. I love the price as well as the nutrition they are getting. It's a wonderful buy for my kids and grandkids since they are always wanting snacks and we are always outside playing or on the road to take someone to a ballgame. They are perfect for our busy lifestyle because the kids love them and they stay cold a long time for the kids to enjoy a cool, fun, and easy snack while on the go!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN