Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As A Busy Mom, What Advice Can You Share About How To Select The Perfect Snacks For Your Kids?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 104 Replies

Picking the perfect snacks for your kids can be a challenge. You want something that is nutritious, tasty, convenient, budget friendly and something that your kids will love.

Tell us, As a busy mom, what advice can you share about how to select the perfect snacks for your kids?

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:24 PM
Look for something that is convenient, healthy, no mess, and something kids love.
SimplyEnchanted
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM

Nutritional value is very important as is packaging that will hold up on the go or that packs easy.

Look for foods that do not require spoons/forks. Finger foods are a fantastic take along snack.  I tend to go for things that aren't going to get my child's clothing messy if it is a snack meant to be taken with us in the car.

Mom2Just1
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:42 PM
Make sure it's healthy! Something quick can be healthy!
pixiemg1
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Try to find snacks that are easy, convienent and healthy.  

my4littlegirls
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:52 PM

Finger foods nad nothing that uses forks and spoons is a must when you are on the go. I also look for things that stay well in the car. I like keeping extra snacks in the car for unexpected snack forgetfullness of other parents at games. 

lillucky8
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM

Look for a healthy, tasty snack that will travel well and not be too messy, but will keep the kids coming back for more!

key2ynot
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 4:03 PM

Finger food type items are amazing for kids of all ages - younger kids can feed themselves and older kids like the convenience. They mess is usually minimal (if at all) and there are no dishes/silverware to deal with and if you are on the go a lot, that's ideal.

I like minimalist packaging too - less waste to gather on the floor of my car! lol

I like choosing snacks that my kids like and that are a 'treat' but that still pack enough of a nutritional punch to keep them going on busy days.

kmqw229
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 5:19 PM
A perfect snack is healthy, affordable and healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:30 PM

As a SAHM to my three boys ages 8, 7 and 2 I stay very busy doing all sorts of great things with and for them.  Have convenient and nutritious snacks for when we are on the go is a must.  I try to look for things that are not full of fats and sugars.  I also try to look for things they like and that aren't too messy in case we are in the car and on the go.  I also try to look for things that can be kept without needing refridgeration for those times we are out in the sun or to keep on hand in my purse.  The Motts Snack and Go's fit all of these criteria!

luzianagurl
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 7:11 PM

I take my kids shopping with me. I'd like to think that having them help in selecting the perfect snacks is of the utmost importance.  My kids are so picky when it comes to eating as most kids are I'm sure. So picking out healthy and delicious is definitely a must. Don't want the snacks just sitting there in the cabinet uneaten!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN