Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feels like we are never going to get done...

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM
  • 22 Replies

Moving seems to be taking so long this time around. We have been moving for weeks... I don't know if it is because I have been sick that it seems to be taking longer, or if it is because we are having to get furniture from so many places or what, but when will it end?

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:53 PM
Moving sucks! Hang in there, it'll be over soon.
michiganmom116
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:04 PM

I have decided that if we have to make a significant move, we will sell all but our clothes and personal electronics and buy new when we get in our new house.  There's just too much stuff to pack.

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Dh said he'll be done today! Woot woot!

Quoting Angela4boys: Moving sucks! Hang in there, it'll be over soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:53 PM
If we move again I think that may be the way to go!

Quoting michiganmom116:

I have decided that if we have to make a significant move, we will sell all but our clothes and personal electronics and buy new when we get in our new house.  There's just too much stuff to pack.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angela4boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM
Well he better or he's getting cut off til it is, hahaha! (That's what one if my very proper friends from England said to me when my husband was taking forever on our first remodel, hahaha)

Quoting psych_mom: Dh said he'll be done today! Woot woot!

momofsixangels
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM

It will be over soon

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:11 PM

He's already been cut off due to the abscess glad that I have had for 5 weeks now... sigh. LOL. Maybe that is why he is taking so long, the physical labor keeps his mind elsewhere, hahaha.

Quoting Angela4boys: Well he better or he's getting cut off til it is, hahaha! (That's what one if my very proper friends from England said to me when my husband was taking forever on our first remodel, hahaha)
Quoting psych_mom: Dh said he'll be done today! Woot woot!

psych_mom
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:12 PM

If we wouldn't have had that crazy snow storm, it wouldn't have taken as long.

Quoting momofsixangels:

It will be over soon

TheJerseyGirl
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:07 PM

This is why people don't do it often. The last time I moved was 17 years ago and it still gives me the shakes remembering...lol. And I didn't have anywhere near the stuff I do now!!

earthangel1967
by on Feb. 27, 2014 at 8:55 AM

lol That is basically what Todd and I did when our 5 kids moved out of the big 5 bedroom house with basement and garage etc... we raised them in and we sold and moved PURPOSELY because we wanted to and love it- 495 sq ft apt. We sold some stuff but didn't have a lot of time so didn't have time to sell most of it. We gave some to our adult kids, donated a lot to charity and gave away lots of things to needy families in the little town that we moved out of.  Some got our washer and dryer, another got our brand new dishwasher, another family got our xmas tree, decades of ornaments collections all the otherxmas decor , another  family got our trampoline with enclosed net wall. All for free. We felt like mr and mrs santa claus. There sure were a lot of excited people. 

When we got to our apt we had NO furniture other than our  mattress. sentimental items, medicine, toiletries, stuff for our pets and only our favoriite clothes and shoes. Basics. We lived like that for about a month before we could  start buying new stuff, but we got new dishes, new furniture, new electronics, art, linens, everything we wanted or needed and custom just for that apt. just for Todd and I the way we like it. It was fun. It took 1 1/2 yrs to get everything we want/need for the apt but we finished it this past December and now we just get to enjoy it. It  was fun and exciting starting over. 

This  is the house we moved out of.... So it was a LOT OF downsizing to go to 495sq ft. lol but it truly has been perfect for US. : ) 

Quoting michiganmom116:

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN