Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best Apps to Save Mom’s Sanity

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

I love my iPhone. I do...and I confess, I'm on it probably more than I should be. When I write out at a coffee shop with no WiFi, when I'm waiting to pick up Kiddo from school, while on the bus, you name it, I've got my phone out. I'm returning emails, I'm checking our calendar, I'm texting with my husband remember the yogurt and Brussels sprouts from the store. Yes, I love my iPhone.

It's funny as I am not a "gadget" person (at all!), but I'm finding more and more ways to use my phone to, well, make my life run a little better-smoother-faster in thanks to those nifty things called apps. I have game apps on there like Mittens, Subway Surfers and Plants vs. Zombies for Kiddo to play when the doctor is running 43 minutes late (another confession: I do love planting sunflowers and potato mines to blow up those zombies too), but there are a few other apps I'm digging that keep me sane (or at least a little less crazy).

Intuition+ -- This one little hub connects and stores everything in your life. Keep lists (To-Do, grocery and others), get little motivation prompts, and set reminders or alerts so you don't forget to pack a lunch for a field trip ever again. It's like your own personal assistant.

Instapaper -- How many times have you wanted to read something you ran across as you were surfing or on your buddy's Facebook update...but you just don't have the time right then? Save it on your phone via Instapaper and then you can read it anytime you have a few minutes, even without being at your computer or online. It's a portable, make-your-own magazine with only the articles you want to read!

Tipulator -- You are at the restaurant with your mommy buds for a much-needed night out, and the bill comes. Though you all help your kids with their math homework daily, no one wants to figure the tip or try to split the check up. Never fear: handy-dandy Tipulator does it for you!

Smart-ICE4family -- This is one app that you may not want to have, but it's so important to have there on your phone. Smart-ICE4family alerts emergency personnel to your medical issues if you can't, and allows you to have at your fingertips all of your family's medical info like history of procedures, allergies, medicines, and blood type (also handy for when you have to fill out all of those forms at the doctor's office). Password secured, it also has lists of symptoms and medicines.

Instagram -- You snapped a really cool picture of your kid's cello performance, and you want to share it...Instargam makes it easy to crop the shot, add a caption, and send it to both sets of grandparents, as well as post it to Facebook, all at once.

Share your best and favorite apps!

©iStockphoto.com/marekuliasz

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:46 AM

Facebook, Nextdoor and Instagram our my favorites right now.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:49 AM

I don't even want to admit how addicted I am to Instagram!

Quoting MistressMinerva:

Facebook, Nextdoor and Instagram our my favorites right now.

TheJerseyGirl
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 5:50 AM

I have the Nickelodeon app on my phone for my youngest. I can't tell you how many times we've used it when we are driving in the car or waiting in line for another one of my kids.

elasmimi
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Definitely need SMART-ICE!

michiganmom116
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM

SBTV mobile, if I can snag DS's or DH's phone.  I don't have a smartphone.

Madelaine
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Thanks

Leelee1008
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I have instagram.. but I really dont play games on my phone to much.. I just recently joined the world of smart phones.. dh has had one but not me LOL

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:40 PM

I love my wunderlist

sukainah
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Those sound great!  I don't have a smartphone though, so nothing to share.

RobynS
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 1:56 PM

I don't have a smartphone, iPad, etc, so I never get to take advantage of these fun apps! :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)