Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you keep things from slipping through the cracks?

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
  • 13 Replies

I feel like I have so much going on that things are slipping through the cracks. What do you do to keep this from happening?

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Azure
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM

My husband keeps a calendar on his computer, I try to keep a calendar on the wall, we email each other reminders, and I leave things right where I know I'll see them first thing in the morning. I'm betting it will get a bit more hectic as all of our kids get older and have their own activities.

michiganmom116
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:56 PM

Prioritize, and maybe cut out some things.

MamaMandee
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:04 PM
Lists & our family calandar.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 12:32 AM

I have a calendar and also have reminder set up that are linked from my phone to my ipad to my computer, 

sara_7106
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:37 AM
I use a daily and monthly calendar
oddfox
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Lists. I put the tasks in a reasonable order and estimate time for completion. The stuff lower down may or may not get done but at least the essentials are. Then there are shortcuts. So meals for instance, tend to be simple ones. I try to block out about 5 hours for scheduled goals.An hour for dinner prep and cleanup. The rest of the day does fill up with smaller important tasks.  I also use a rough schedule for cleaning, grocery shoping, laundry. Certain days zero in on certain things. Tuesdays laundry, Saturdays clean bathrooms and vaccum, etc. If a day is particularly packed I actually set the timer for tasks to work faster and "reward" myself with 15 minutes of fun stuff between.  For long term goals we have a calendar on the fridge. People are responsible for putting their schedules down. This is especially important as we have only one household vehicle.

BeachbodyMom77
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 10:20 AM

As a working mom of two - I have to write everything down!  If not, I wake up in the middle of the night realizing that I missed something,  Do you work or SAH?

Quoting kadake:

I feel like I have so much going on that things are slipping through the cracks. What do you do to keep this from happening?

LadybugTash
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I keep a calendar on the wall and on my phone.  And I make lists, lots of lists.  When I know it's going to be a busy day and ds (5yo) will be home with me, he and I will sit together and make a to-do list the night before.  That way he knows we're going to be busy, but he's a part of the planning and he helps keep us on track.

Vertical15
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I keep a physical calendar that we have to write things down on my desk in front of the computer.  Sometimes I move it to the kitchen when we plan the month. 

ceciliam
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 12:05 PM

I try not to over extend myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)