Spring is here and that means it's time to start your cleaning! Whether you do all your spring cleaning at once, or break it up over several weekends, having a cleaning checklist helps to keep you organized. Today's challenge is to plan your spring cleaning tasks!
Here are some suggestions to include on your spring cleaning checklist:
For the Entire House
- Wash windows, screens, curtains, blinds, and window sills.
- Dust lights, lamp shades, and ceiling fan blades.
- Wipe down walls, trim, and switch plates.
- Clean mirrors and dust pictures.
- Wipe down doors and door knobs.
- Wipe down vent covers.
- Sweep and wash or vacuum floors.
- Empty all drawers in the vanity and clear out the medicine cabinet. Wash inside, organize items, and throw away expired medications and cosmetics.
- Wipe down outside of cabinets and vanities.
- Clean sink and drain.
- Clean tub and drain.
- Clean toilet, inside and out.
- Shine faucets.
- Take everything out of the kitchen cabinets and drawers. Once emptied, wipe down the inside and outside including the knobs. Neatly put back the contents of your cabinets and throw away anything that has expired.
- Wash and sanitize cutting boards
- Clean and organized your pantry. Throw away anything that has expired.
- Clean oven and stove top.
- Clean and organized your fridge and freezer. Throw away anything that has expired.
- Clean under fridge and stove.
- Clean refrigerator coils.
- Clean dishwasher, toaster, microwave, and other appliances.
- Wash counters and back splash.
- Clean your sink, drain, and fixtures.
- Dust furniture.
- Empty dresser drawers, wipe down inside, and neatly fold clothes. Donate anything you no longer need.
- Empty your closet, sweep/vacuum the floor, and put everything back neatly. Donate anything you no longer need.
- Clean under your bed.
- Wash your sheets, blankets, pillow cases, etc.
- Dust and polish furniture
- Dust any displayed china or dishes.
- Wash table linens.
Family Room/Play Room/ Living Room
- Vacuum sofas.
- Spot clean sofas, if needed.
- Wash throw pillows and blankets.
- Dust shelves, furniture, pictures, and decorations.
- Clean television screen and carefully dust electronics.
- Go through the kids’ toys and donate what they no longer use. For the remaining toys, put stuffed animals in the laundry and clean hard plastic toys in warm soapy water.
Do you spring clean every year? Do you enjoy or dread it? What other things would you add to your spring cleaning checklist?
One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $500 VISA gift card!