Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checklist Challenge Day 2: Party Planning!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
  • 214 Replies

Big or small, planning a party is a lot of work! From figuring out the guest list to planning the menu, there are a lot of things to keep track of. Today's challenge is to develop a party planning checklist for your future events. Having a handy and precise checklist will help keep you organized.

It's a good idea to save your checklists from each of your parties. Whether you keep a spreadsheet on your computer or a paper checklist in a folder, having information from previous parties is a great reference. If you like having a paper checklist, Confetti Sunshine has free printable checklists including a Party Planner Download and a Party Planner Mini Booklet that covers everything you would ever need to plan a party!

Do you enjoy planning parties? Do you use a checklist to stay organized? What is the next party that you have to plan?

One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $500 VISA gift card!

Checklist Challenge Sign Up Here-- You Could WIN $500!

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
michiganmom116
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I enjoy planning parties!  I do have a checklist or few when planning/organizing/buying for a party.

I don't know the next party I have to plan.  I JUST got through my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party a little over two weeks ago and that one wiped me out!  We had close to 200 guests and I did EVERYTHING:  decorations, food (had some help with a couple of things there), announcements/invites, etc.

ablackdolphin
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM

This is a great idea!

letstalk747
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM

party planner mini booklet im going to use this

mommaFruFru
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
I hate party planning.
Next one is my st 8yos bday :/
ablackdolphin
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Every now and then we throw a "crepe" party. DH is French and makes awesome crepes!!

ablackdolphin
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I do check lists for things like packing for vacation but never thought of this! It's very handy. One year I forgot to get ice and a guest ran out to get it for us...ugh!

flowerfunleah
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yes! I love planning parties!

My checklist comes in form of Pinterest! I create a new board for that specific party and take pins from my other board onto THAT board and go from there. I just had a party though so no parties are planned in our future lol

ablackdolphin
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:10 PM

I've never thrown a kids party because we usually travel for bdays instead.

micheledo
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM

We regularly have people over for meals.  We also have church groups over for games, meals, Bible studies.  We have a big open-house around Thanksgiving each year.  For that event, I NEED a checklist.  :)  Mostly it is about the food.  Our birthday parties are just for family so they are rather easy to plan.

My 6 year old turns 7 in two weeks.  His is the next 'party.'  He has already informed me he wants carrots, hamburgers, french fries, and an Star Wars Angry Bird ice cream cake.  I just need to make a list of all the ingredients I need so that I have it all on hand the day of his birthday!!  (Well, I 'll get started on the cake the day before).

supermeof3
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I do love planning parties (and having them!)  I really don't use a "check list" but I do always right up a menu and shopping list ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)