Checklist Challenge Day 4: Get Your Yard Ready for Spring!
After a long cold winter, most of us are eager to get outside and enjoy the fresh air! Today's challenge is get your yard ready for spring! Create a checklist of everything that needs to be done and get your whole family involved with tackling the various tasks. Your SO can do some of the bigger projects like cleaning the gutters and your kids can help around the yard.
Here are some suggestions for your checklist:
- Inspect the roof for damage, missing shingles, or leaks.
- Clean the gutters and downspouts.
- Inspect and clean the siding.
- Check all the outdoor caulking and replace if needed
- Repair window sills, door sills, and trim. Fill cracks, caulk edges, and repaint if needed.
- Make sure your air conditioners or central air is ready for summer. Get it serviced if necessary.
- Check trees for damage, broken branches, or interference with electric lines.
- Clear dead plants and shrubs from the yard.
- Rake up any fallen branches or leftover leaves.
- Prune trees and shrubs.
- Clean up the garden or flower beds.
- Clean outdoor furniture and toys.
Do you spend a lot of time outside when the weather is warm? Does your family split up outdoor chores or does one person usually take care of them?
One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $500 VISA gift card!