Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Checklist Challenge Day 4: Get Your Yard Ready for Spring!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM
  • 198 Replies
1 mom liked this

After a long cold winter, most of us are eager to get outside and enjoy the fresh air! Today's challenge is get your yard ready for spring! Create a checklist of everything that needs to be done and get your whole family involved with tackling the various tasks. Your SO can do some of the bigger projects like cleaning the gutters and your kids can help around the yard.

Here are some suggestions for your checklist:

• Inspect the roof for damage, missing shingles, or leaks.
  • Clean the gutters and downspouts.
  • Inspect and clean the siding.
  • Check all the outdoor caulking and replace if needed
  • Repair window sills, door sills, and trim. Fill cracks, caulk edges, and repaint if needed.
  • Make sure your air conditioners or central air is ready for summer. Get it serviced if necessary.
  • Check trees for damage, broken branches, or interference with electric lines.
  • Clear dead plants and shrubs from the yard.
  • Rake up any fallen branches or leftover leaves.
  • Prune trees and shrubs.
  • Clean up the garden or flower beds.
  • Clean outdoor furniture and toys.

Do you spend a lot of time outside when the weather is warm? Does your family split up outdoor chores or does one person usually take care of them?

One mom who participates in all 5 days of the challenge will be entered to win a $500 VISA gift card!

Checklist Challenge Sign Up Here-- You Could WIN $500!

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VintageWife
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:13 PM

My family loves being outside and playing and working. Me? Not so much. 

chicken13
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM

WInters are super harsh here...so once the snow finally melts, dh and I typically do a walk-around to see what needs fixing or repair and then make a list for the summer.  There's just no way it's all getting done at once.

TerriC
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:14 PM

We spend a lot of time outside whenever we can, we love it.  Now that the girls are older, we all do work outside.  I think they even like it.  DH does do a lot, he is a green thumb and also likes everything neat and orderly.  He cleans the gutters every Spring, as soon as he can get on the roof to clean them, he's there.

KarenM42
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM
We will spend lots of time outside this year now that my son is a toddler. My friend just visited this morning and brought him a little pool! So excited! Now I need to get him a swimsuit.
lalasmama2007
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM

I don't spend a lot of time outdoors in the spring due to my allergies.  My SO handles a lot of the outdoor chores.

sarah824
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:16 PM

We spend lots of time outside working on the yard and house as a family. It gets done faster when we all work together and then we have more time to hang out and enjoy the area.

RoseWall
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:17 PM
I have potted plants on a patio. Some need transplanting. Some need new potting soil.
michiganmom116
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I will have to tackle these things when the snow is gone....maybe June?

LTryon
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM
We spend a lot of time outdoors, mostly at the park or beach though. We live in an apartment so there's no yard work or significant repairs to do.

We're going to be house shopping this year though, so hopefully this time next year we'll have a lawn to mow, and a garden to tend to. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom116
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:20 PM

yard chores....if I want anything done I'll have to do it myself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN