Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you find the time? PIOG

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
  • 2 Replies

I'm going to be starting next week working second shift. DH works first shift in another town.  I have all daycare, meal, and household chore schedules figured out.  Here's the problem: unless I don't sleep ever or don't see my family at all I have no time for my gazillion hobbies.  I'm not willing to give them up because I'm still deciding whether or not I want to start a business with some of them and others are mostly DYI projects which saves us a ton of money and is my "me time".

Saturdays are reserved for family time and grocery shopping but I can manage a couple hours there.  Sundays is prep work, baking, and cooking for the week ahead.  I don't think I'll have any time on Sunday.  I need a lot of me time and for the last 20something years of my life I've had tons of it but now I'm losing it all to housework, prep work, and actual work.  I also despise schedules and feel very constricted by them.  Honestly a schedule feels like a prison cell to me. :( 

How do you do it without going crazy?

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
oddfox
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Realize there are seasons in your life. You can't do everything. Can any of your cooking responsibilities be delegated? Could you cook multiples and freeze meals to free us more time in later weeks? Could you work on grocery shopping every other week and plan meals over that period? How clean does your house need to be or could you get by with a less frequent cleaning and just do a good tidy?  Just some thoughts.

BonitaM
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for the great ideas.  I've designated Sundays as bake/prep day and DD will be helping me.  This way I can spend time with her and get things done and she'll be learning to cook. :)  I haven't even thought of grocery shopping other than specific days that I'd like to make a shopping trip.  DH usually brings home things as needed because the town he works in has a walmart.  I guess my house could do with some less frequent cleaning?lol  I will definitely be using these suggestions to find some me time. 

Quoting oddfox:

Realize there are seasons in your life. You can't do everything. Can any of your cooking responsibilities be delegated? Could you cook multiples and freeze meals to free us more time in later weeks? Could you work on grocery shopping every other week and plan meals over that period? How clean does your house need to be or could you get by with a less frequent cleaning and just do a good tidy?  Just some thoughts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN