Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spiritual Exercise- 4/3/2014

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 76 Total Views
1 mom liked this

We hear over and over again how Jesus' love quenches our thirst. It fill us with peace, hope, joy and faith beyond what we ever experienced, but why are so many Christian women today not living or experiencing peace, hope, joy and faith in their lives?  Is it because it requires something from us we believe we cannot obtain? Have we lost our faith?   I don't know the answer, but what I do know is that we thirst for a deeper connection with God.  However, most of us are not really focused on what that thirst really means.

John 4: 14
"But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again.  It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring with them, giving them eternal life."

We are all very different.  Not all of us can understand messages in the same way.  I know that every word that comes out of my mouth will either deter someone or invite someone to grow closer to Jesus.  We don't ever want to be that person that deters someone on their journey.  We all want to strive to be great examples of God's love and pass that on to others.  But, what if we are not filled with that fresh, bubbling spring water the Lord talks about?  How can we be great Christian witnesses?  Frankly, we can't.  We can't be great Christian examples if we are not drinking (cultivating, living, experiencing the goodness of God) from the water (reading, studying the bible, praying, communicating with God).  When we cultivate our relationship with God he quenches our thirst, our needs are no longer important.  What truly does becomes important is building a stronger relationship with God because we know he is the living water.  He is the fountain of mercy and love.  He is all that we seek and desire.  Everything will become clear.  Basically, if we don't drink we won't live.  And if we can't live, we die.  It's that simple!

Ask yourself today.  Do I want to be transformed?  If so, what is it that is keeping me away from experiencing the best life I can live?  Do I want to be free from all that binds or am I afraid of taking a chance?  Let's face the truth, most of us are afraid of transforming because it requires a lot of effort and action from our part.  If it was easy everyone would do it.  Transformation requires discipline and a commitment to follow that hunger & thirst that leads you to Jesus, but we have a huge problem with discipline and commitment.  So, together let's pray for strength in both of these areas.  It all begins with understanding our weaknesses and building up from where we are.   We can do this with the help of the Holy Spirit. 
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)