Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spiritual Exercise- 4/4/2014

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 0 Replies
  • 106 Total Views
-Spiritual Exercise-
Stop here and open your bible to read John 4: 7-26 (The story of the women at the well)

I remember in the beginning of my conversion, how every step I took forward was intimidating and I wasn't sure if I was doing the right thing or not.  All I knew was that once I felt Jesus deeply in my heart, I wanted to continue to feel him because I never felt so complete in my entire life.  I immediately, wanted to share that immense love I received with anyone that would listen, even if I wasn't confident, was struggling with shame and guilt.  All I wanted to do was let them know about this love I had found. I felt just like the women at the well-- I was so thirsty.  And, like the women at the well Jesus revealed to me all that I needed to know.  Jesus was the living water that provided me with far deeper satisfaction than any mere H2O could ever provide. 

Reflection:  Imagine you are the women at the well with Jesus.  What is he saying to you? Are you curious or are you afraid?  Let your mind go.  This is your time with Jesus.  Do you thirst for his love and acceptance?  Ask God for help if you are struggling with an area in your life. 

If you can, try to write down what comes to your heart, this will help you as you reflect.

At times, I could not understand why someone would not want to step out and make a difference and do something positive in their life.   Every time I asked God Why, he began to place the focus back at myself.  And this is when I began the hardest work in my spiritual walk.  The minute I began to understand that I needed to place the focus on myself and not on everyone else.  It was not my responsibility to save or convert anyone. That was God's job.  All He wanted me to do was to focus on my thirstmy spiritual desires and build a strong and solid foundation.  Slowly, I began to build the confidence I needed to be a witness of God's love.  That is all that we are; we are witnesses of God's love & faithfulness! 

Now, I understand that when I need to rebuild or go back to the principals I've learned, I carve out time and retreat in order to fill my cup and drink.  We must never loose our ability to be thirsty and seek for God.  Remember, the devil will help you make excuses as to why it's not that important to seek a deeper relationship with God.  You will begin to look for people, places and things to quench your thirst and you will be highly disappointed.  Don't wait until you are in a bad situation, but if you are know that all you have to do is step-out of the way and allow God into your life. He will transform you! He will satisfy your thirst.  As only HE CAN! 

In the end, it comes down to a simple 5 letter word, TRUST! Do you trust in God's plan for your life? Do you believe in all the promises he gave to you, that those who drink will NEVER be thirsty again?   It's our sinful world that dehydrates us.  It's up to each of us to seek the truth for ourselves and be able to face that truth knowing that God is with us.  If you desire to have more of Jesus all you have to do is look within yourself, spend time cultivating your spiritual hunger and thirst.  He is there waiting for you.

God Bless You!

I would like to hear from you, so please post below and share with us.  
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)