Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fasting

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 210 Total Views

I'm testing a 40-hour fast period.  No food or water.  NO BLOODY COFFEE.  I've fasted before for weight reasons, but never for spiritual. 

I'm woefully ignorant on this topic in the spiritual realm, so I'm learning.  Any words of advice?  I'm studying it now that I'm in it.  I suppose I should pray, or meditate or something.  There's a door I'm looking to open.  This is where I was led.  I've had the X rune on me (Gebo) and I was like whoa, that's actually the law of equivalent exchange.  So here I am.

I'm hungry.  I'm thirsty.  And I can partake again at 10pm CST tomorrow.  All I remember about this is to be pleasant.  If I can't pray well, i can do some active imagination.  And not tell people I'm hungry.  Very hungry.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
PhoenixFire
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

When fasting that long it is actually recommended to partake of water so as not to dehydrate the body. Also, if you experience a "spiritual high," the best way to ground yourself afterwards is to drink water. Obstaining from food and drink allows you to focus on overcoming corporreal needs and instead focus on the spiritual. When you feel especially hungry, you should meditate. This allows the energy to flow freely through the body. I know that many places do a spiritual cleanse in which the participants drink only herbal teas for two days and do nothing more than meditation and light Yoga to gain a deeper sense of self as they feel the flow of energy in their body. 

MorriganzMommy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM

Water is cleansing, you should be drinking water.

SithMom71
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Keep drinking water. You have to have that.
Tightan
by Group Owner on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM

I'm weird, I've always been a relative camel. :shrugs:  ODD made me coffee though, I couldn't not drink it.  I had the weirdest dream I've ever had in the history of my dreams.

I'm back in Des Moines, IA, I am figuring out I have three apartments, one I already know about.  It seems I was in a disassociative fugue state for awhile and did all sorts of things like furnish two other apartments.

I'm fighting with my dad and my sister.  My sister evidently went to live with an aunt and uncle and it pissed me off for some reason, perhaps because she hid it from me on purpose, which for her means some nefarious reason.  And I remembering whispering to my dad "I think I'm mentally ill".  It didn't bother me much.  I just had to give order to chaos.

Basically, I was in a complete cloud of utter confusion.  It didn't bother me much, because I started talking to people who knew the fugue me and I was pretending I knew exactly what they were talking about, and saying sorry to the guy who rented me an apartment because I was a few months behind.  But as people were talking to me, I was getting information about my fugue state though they didn't realize it.

Akeso
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Wish I knew what to say about the dream. Very odd one, seems full of situations that would cause you to feel anxiety? Did you complete the fast? Coffee (diuretic!) of course would be the last thing you should have on a fast! I don't think I've ever fasted. If I get hungry I have to eat or it feels like I'll pass out. I'm not overweight though so no stores to feed off of I guess.

Tightan
by Group Owner on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:33 AM

No anxiety. Pure confusion and chaos is my forte. LOL. Shiva seems to be my prominent mana archetype and he is the hindu god of destruction, among other things.  There's a reason I guess.  My mom said if there was a sorting hat, I'd have been sorted in the House of Shiva obviously, lol.

The dream fascinates me on so many levels.  It goes with Shiva's trident, which I'm thinking of having tattooed on my shoulder, I just survived pure chaos in the dreamworld.  That's no small feat!  The three apartments I was preparing to consolidate into one.  The trinity will be consolidated into one, me, the Self.  Three aspects of Self.

My mom had no clue what a fugue disassociative state was.  It's a relatively old word dammit!  I was like "whaddya mean you don't know what a fugue state is?  How the fuck do you not know it but I do?"  We figured it out, I'm just more into the psychology of weird stuff.

I have feed stores!  Adispose tissue I have!  Coffee is my thing.  It's in the DNA, I have the genes that suck the caffeine right out almost immediately.  Caffeine works best with bloodtype A.  Least for bloodtype O.

I got my answer through fasting.  I'm consolidating.  And I'm starting to know things I can't possibly know.  This is way cool.  I was starting active imagination with the dream and a voice said "the three become one".  And as I was contemplating that, I realized, the gods think we're all mentally ill.  LMAO.  Until one becomes One, we're all mentally ill.  I think it's hilarious.  Now I know why the Cheshire Cat grins.

Akeso
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Well I was looking for the biblical trinity when I plugged in three becomes one but found this first so here it is, am sure you'll find it very interesting! It's even got my spiral! LOL. Glad you got something out of the fast. I'm not stoic enough I don't think to ever be able to do one to see what happens. 

http://imaginingthetenthdimension.blogspot.gr/2010/05/three-becomes-one.html

Tightan
by Group Owner on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Ah, in Alchemy it's called The Divine Child.  That's really what the link is referring to, creation.  Shiva told me about reversing polarities between two points, I guess it yields the divine child.  Interesting.  The microcosm would perhaps be like three persons, one nuclear family unit.

The fast really isn't that hard.  :)  40 hours is virtually nothing.  I'm going to start it again on Wednesday evening. 

The only problem I foresee is the possibility of the stigmata if I keep going down this route.  That wouldn't be too cool as I never really had the desire for it.  Even Buddhists can get the stigmata and I think a hindu dude did too.  But I don't care about bliss.  Though the Tree of Life nerves can have an adverse effect on my wishes in that way.  Like right now.  I can totally do bliss, I just don't generally wish to.  And it looks like bliss can lead to stigmata. 

I survived the pure confusion of the fugue.  So DH and I got a tattoo.

Shiva's trishula it is.  That thing has power of its own.  Blood sacrifice would do it, and it seems to be done.  So the cool thing about a tattoo is you carry it with you, which is pretty neat.

Akeso
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:33 PM

Ouch! Braver person than me. Nice you both got one :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)