Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What services does your child get for their hearing loss?

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

My son is in speech and hearing therapy and will be starting a parent/infant program at our local school for the Deaf. I am excited to start this journey with him. He has only been hearing for two days, but he is already mimicing our mouths when we talk and loves hearing. We are still teaching him ASL as he will probably need it in the future. 

by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
foreverof4
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:49 PM
Right know shes receving speech therpey ,amplifier.
Linagma03
by on Feb. 1, 2014 at 3:07 AM
Lina gets speech therapy at school. Before moving and her having to change districts & school the teacher was thinking of using an FM system with her to help her understand what was going on in class. She is now in a much smaller class and that isn't going to be needed. She knows some ASL and she loves the short signing time episodes on NickJr.
Momof4AEMW
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:10 PM

My daughter has speech therapy both at home and school.  She has a communication device that would 'talk' for her but has not been able to learn to use it yet.  We also try ALS, PECS, but still working on communication.  She use to have inherent hearing coach at school, but after 3 years of no progress she went to consult only on her IEP and didn't want to provide her services anymore.  She'll be at a new school next year so I may try to add it back on her IEP for the coming year in case a new person may be more effective. 

Mommy2justone
by Group Owner on Feb. 1, 2014 at 4:44 PM

We are trying out the FM while driving because he freaks out in the car. It really helps! We also use it at church because it is VERY loud during the music.

Quoting Linagma03: Lina gets speech therapy at school. Before moving and her having to change districts & school the teacher was thinking of using an FM system with her to help her understand what was going on in class. She is now in a much smaller class and that isn't going to be needed. She knows some ASL and she loves the short signing time episodes on NickJr.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)