Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 524 Total Views
1 mom liked this
We got Harley 1 week ago today he is about 3 1/2 months old .I have taken him to the vet according to the adoption contract .
He seems to have a cough & gagging like he's going to puke .I mentioned it to the vet he checked him over said he sounded clear but I am still worried about him .
Anyone have any ideas what it could be or what I should do next ?
Thanks
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Godsgirl2469
by Dottie/ Owner on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

could be kennel cough. I would get a second opinion.

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Godsgirl2469:

could be kennel cough. I would get a second opinion.

He seems to think that maybe he might of swallowed something wrong and it is caught and to give him a Tblsp of Olive Oil in his food. He said it's good for them anyway and won't hurt him He has listened to his lungs and stomach again and seems to think everything is fine.

He recommended that we call the breeder and ask some questions. I will keep you all informed on any developments.

Thanks Dottie for featuring my post.

Hugs, Cheryl

Godsgirl2469
by Dottie/ Owner on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

hope it all works out! Keep us posted!

SissyAnn141
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this

When I was young, LONG TIME AGO...LOL

We had a dog that did this, when she was "UPSET".

The vet said it was "anxiety" ?

When does your dog do this, and take notes for your vet ? ♥♥♥♥

group hug

BikerBabe0205
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I would be very careful with this.  Anxiety, kennel cough or other illness are a very real possibility.  How far from you was the breeder?  Do you have access to go back and check out the other puppies for a couple of hours and see if they are doing this too?

Godsgirl2469
by Dottie/ Owner on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:40 AM

good advice ladies

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:20 PM

Quoting SissyAnn141:

When I was young, LONG TIME AGO...LOL

We had a dog that did this, when she was "UPSET".

The vet said it was "anxiety" ?

When does your dog do this, and take notes for your vet ? ♥♥♥♥

group hug

Thank You

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:23 PM

Quoting BikerBabe0205:

I would be very careful with this.  Anxiety, kennel cough or other illness are a very real possibility.  How far from you was the breeder?  Do you have access to go back and check out the other puppies for a couple of hours and see if they are doing this too?

A couple Hundred miles at least. We did call the breeder and she gave several reasons as to why.

We are thinking it is still allergies. That is what we are treating for right now. It even could be the little change in food that we have done. While she said this is what was given to the dogs it's hard to decipher exactly what formula was given to them as there are so many varieties even within the same food family.

We now have him on some antibiotics and some stuff to calm his tummy down as well as Benadryl

BikerBabe0205
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:37 PM

Good deal.  It sounds like he's being well treated right now.  If we can help anymore let us know.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting BikerBabe0205:

A couple Hundred miles at least. We did call the breeder and she gave several reasons as to why.

We are thinking it is still allergies. That is what we are treating for right now. It even could be the little change in food that we have done. While she said this is what was given to the dogs it's hard to decipher exactly what formula was given to them as there are so many varieties even within the same food family.

We now have him on some antibiotics and some stuff to calm his tummy down as well as Benadryl

Moms_Angels1960
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:40 PM

Quoting BikerBabe0205:

Good deal.  It sounds like he's being well treated right now.  If we can help anymore let us know.

Quoting Moms_Angels1960:

Quoting BikerBabe0205:

I most certianly will. Thanks for everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)