Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lazy CP Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

Posted by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM
  • 9 Replies
  • 305 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Lazy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

By Sharon123 on November 13, 2005

Photo

• timer
  • Prep Time: 15 mins
  • Total Time: 3 hrs 15 mins
  • Servings: 8

About This Recipe

"Adapted from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee, this is easy with yummy results. Put it on in the morning and come home to a soothing, comforting dinner. Crackers or bread and a salad finish off this meal."

Ingredients

• 4 cups cooked chicken, chopped ( from a store bought chicken?)
    • 1 cup onion, diced
    • 1 cup celery, diced
    • 1 cup carrot, diced
    • 1/2 cup frozen peas
    • 4 (14 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
    • 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup ( with roasted garlic)
    • 2 teaspoons fines herbes ( chervil, chives, parsley, and tarragon)
    • salt
    • pepper, tp taste
    • 2 cups egg noodles, cooked

Directions

1. Remove skin from the chicken and chop the meat.
  2. Put the chicken into a slow cooker with the onions, celery, carrots and peas.
  3. Stir in broth, mushroom soup, and fines herbs. Season with salt and pepper.
  4. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.
  5. When soup is finished, stir in egg noodles.
  6. Season to taste and serve. Enjoy!

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 (411 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 8

Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Calories 272.8

Calories from Fat 97
35%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 10.8g
16%
Saturated Fat 2.8g
14%
Cholesterol 60.4mg
20%
Sugars 3.8 g
Sodium 679.2mg
28%
Total Carbohydrate 19.1g
6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6g
6%
Sugars 3.8 g
15%
Protein 24.9g
49%
by on Sep. 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Glimmerli
by on Sep. 28, 2014 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

This sounds amazing.   Lately, I've started buying the "already made" chickens and using them in recipes.   You can get several meals out of them!

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Sep. 28, 2014 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I buy the whole chickens and cook them in the cp and pull apart and freeze in meal size. Since I have 4 cps I can do a few chickens at a time when they are on sale. I also do roast like that. I go shopping one day and spend the next day cooking and copping. I cut my veggies and freeze them so all I need to do is grab the onions, celery, peppers, whatever I already have ready. Saves a lot of time when I am cooking the actual meals.

Quoting Glimmerli:

This sounds amazing.   Lately, I've started buying the "already made" chickens and using them in recipes.   You can get several meals out of them!

Glimmerli
by on Sep. 28, 2014 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

I buy the whole chickens and cook them in the cp and pull apart and freeze in meal size. Since I have 4 cps I can do a few chickens at a time when they are on sale. I also do roast like that. I go shopping one day and spend the next day cooking and copping. I cut my veggies and freeze them so all I need to do is grab the onions, celery, peppers, whatever I already have ready. Saves a lot of time when I am cooking the actual meals.

Quoting Glimmerli:

I need to start doing this too.   I rarely have time to make a grilled cheese at night.  LOL!

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Sep. 28, 2014 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

What I liked about my cp was coming home and most of the cooking was done.

Quoting Glimmerli:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

I need to start doing this too.   I rarely have time to make a grilled cheese at night.  LOL!

Jazmine1950
by on Sep. 30, 2014 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I am finding out there are so many crock pot recipes! This would be a great way to make dinners when you work. You can even make desserts this way. My daughter makes all my dinners, but if she had to be gone this would be a great way for me to fix my own dinners. I am too tired by night time to cook anything more than a pot pie.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Sep. 30, 2014 at 3:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Yea and even if she were home it would be so easy for the both of you.

Quoting Jazmine1950:

I am finding out there are so many crock pot recipes! This would be a great way to make dinners when you work. You can even make desserts this way. My daughter makes all my dinners, but if she had to be gone this would be a great way for me to fix my own dinners. I am too tired by night time to cook anything more than a pot pie.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

Jazmine1950
by on Sep. 30, 2014 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, it would! I wrote a note so I don't forget to talk to her about it.

MissMackiesgg
by Bobbi Owner on Sep. 30, 2014 at 3:53 PM
2 moms liked this

goodI sometimes have 2-3 going depending on if someone is coming over for the meal.

Quoting Jazmine1950:

Yes, it would! I wrote a note so I don't forget to talk to her about it.

pigtail2
by on Oct. 23, 2014 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I started doing this also. It really helps out.

Quoting MissMackiesgg:

Quoting Glimmerli:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)