Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your overall goals??

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:35 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 156 Total Views

What is your overall goals for your diabetes management? This can be a long term or short term goal or both! 

My very short term goal is to learn to cook and eat following a diabetic diet (2 months) 

Evercise more (month) but ongoing 

Lose weight:  6 month goal 15pounds

Overall goal is to kick these darn meds! 

Mommas Defeating Diabetes high five

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
dayskitty
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:17 AM

I have been diabetic for 14 years now.I did very well for a long time then last year I had so much going on in my family and was always running around and taking care of everyone that I put myself on the back burner.My numbers were high. This year my goal is to get back on track,exercise more,lose more weight and hopefully cut down on meds.

I have been doing better.My numbers are good and have actually been having trouble with low numbers.One night it was 38.I am having blood work next week then will talk to dr about cutting back.I have lost 9 pounds recently and try to exercise every day. I have to take care of myself or I won't be able to take care of everyone else.

My name is Lori

I am married,I have 4 children,my only son was just diagnosed last Septtember when he ended up in ICU. He has lost about 50pounds.I hate that he has it but we can help each other

I have 7 grandchildren and I help take care of my Dad who is 94 and my Stepmom who is 90.

luv_2babies
by Group Owner on Jun. 13, 2014 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You sound like you have your hands full! But also sounds like you have a lot of motivation to get it under control. You are certainly right that you have to care for yourself first so that you can care for others. Diabetes is a lot to deal with. Congrats on the recent weight loss!! It is my hope that we can all be an encouragement to each other.
countryblonde
by on Sep. 5, 2014 at 12:06 PM
I've been diabetic for 17 years and took terrible care of myself. I had a hard time growing up and turned to alcohol and other things to dull my pains. Now that I'm in recovery and taking care of myself I went from my a1c being over 9 to 6.7 and we are trying to get pregnant. My long term goals are to have a healthy baby and keep my a1c down. Short term just getting back in my workout routine and keepingwith earing healthy
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)