Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unplugging and Recharging

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
  • 67 Replies
1 mom liked this

Finding time for yourself after a baby is ....blah, blah, blah, blah, zzzz.

People will tell you this all the time, so it's no wonder that you start to tune them out after the birth of your child. But listen, just one more time and take it to heart: It is important to find time for yourself after your child is born. Did you get that? Good.

The reason being is that you will be so tied up with this new little person, that you might forget to take time for yourself. Rejuvenating yourself is important. And if you don't believe that, remember that a happy mama means there's also a happy baby (and family).

So what have I done on this front in order to practice what I preach? I've been making sure to turn off all electronics one hour before bedtime AND plug my phone in another room so I'm not tempted to check it. While this might seem like a small step, it's benefits have been huge. I'm less stressed and I fall asleep faster. Plus it's given my husband and I a newfound sense of intimacy. We can actually talk and know the other one is hearing every word.

What do you do to make sure you're taking time out for yourself?

by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 4:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure, to be honest. I always felt that I had little moments of time to myself when my son was young, and now that he is school age, I have lots of free time during the day. I guess I never thought of it as a compliacted thing and so it wasn't.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I volunteer once or twice a month, or go for walks or something. Sometimes while the older kids are in school my husband will take our youngest some where

Janet
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

This is something I am working on.

goddess99
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 11:31 AM

When my dd was little I did things when she was sleeping, now she's either at school or summer camp so I have hours to myself every day.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:45 PM

My husband always made sure I found time for myself. 

johnny4ever
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 1:12 PM

I need cafemom & Reading time

Leelee1008
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:16 PM

when my kids were young I always had little moments to my self.. when they were napping. I didnt do the whole sleep while baby sleeps thing.. I guess I got very lucky, mine slept very well.

countrygirlkat
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I make sure to get on CM everyday and that is time for myself.

MistressMinerva
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I have no kids at home anymore so I have time for me all the time.

Madelaine
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:32 PM

Still working on it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN