Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How did you deal with a new baby and cooking meals?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
  • 13 Replies

Did you plan ahead and have some meals frozen to heat up, use your crockpot, have friends and family who brought meals, hubby helped or what?

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Larsbug
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 7:52 PM

multiple things...DH always takes 6-8 weeks off after baby is here, my mom lives with us, and my step-mom will usually bring 1 or 2 meals over to freeze and re-heat...between all that I'm usually set

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:15 PM

Made sure to have some quick meals avaliable, my husband helped cook too

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Larsbug:

multiple things...DH always takes 6-8 weeks off after baby is here, my mom lives with us, and my step-mom will usually bring 1 or 2 meals over to freeze and re-heat...between all that I'm usually set

That would be nice. With my first daughter my husband went back to work the next day(when he called in after being up all night with me while I gave birth, they wanted him to come in that day), with our second daughter he was able to take 2 weeks off. I so love where he works now.

Larsbug
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I'm very lucky... DH is very family oriented as is his department, so they give 2 weeks paternity leave anyway, and then he uses vacation for the rest of the time. He is always on call, but sergeants tend to leave new dads (and mom's) alone unless 100% necessary.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting Larsbug:

That would be nice. With my first daughter my husband went back to work the next day(when he called in after being up all night with me while I gave birth, they wanted him to come in that day), with our second daughter he was able to take 2 weeks off. I so love where he works now.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:25 PM

That is awesome that they are so family orriented. My husband old job wasn't. It was horrible. the place he works now is good and he could have taken more time off, but things were going good here so it made more sense for him to go back to work. He works 3 12 hour days so he is was still home often

Quoting Larsbug:

I'm very lucky... DH is very family oriented as is his department, so they give 2 weeks paternity leave anyway, and then he uses vacation for the rest of the time. He is always on call, but sergeants tend to leave new dads (and mom's) alone unless 100% necessary.

Quoting othermom:

Quoting Larsbug:

Larsbug
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:33 PM

yeah my DH works essentially 2 weeks a month lol, 3 days on 4 days off, 4 days on, 3 days off...makes it nice

Quoting othermom:

That is awesome that they are so family orriented. My husband old job wasn't. It was horrible. the place he works now is good and he could have taken more time off, but things were going good here so it made more sense for him to go back to work. He works 3 12 hour days so he is was still home often

Quoting Larsbug:

Quoting othermom:

Quoting Larsbug:

Angela4boys
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I always just cooked. Not too big of a deal. I would put the baby in the swing, bouncy, or just in the wrap. My family likes my cooking. As nice as it is when people want to bring a meal...my family never cares for it...so it's just easier to cook myself.
SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:53 PM

You are lucky to have that help. 

Quoting Larsbug:

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:56 PM

I didn't have any family nearby, so I would freeze meals ahead of time, and my dh helped with cooking.

Larsbug
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:08 PM

incredibly

Quoting SweetLuci:

You are lucky to have that help. 

Quoting Larsbug:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)