Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

Treating Yourself

Posted by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
  • 76 Replies

After the birth of my first son, it was so hard to get motivated to move - like literally get off the couch and get outside. I was exhausted. I was sleep deprived. And I just felt horrible. I was having problems dropping the baby weight and I didn't like the way I looked.

I knew I needed to get active but I didn't have the motivation. I wondered, would I be more willing to hit the gym (or the pavement) if I had something cute to wear? The answer was yes. It had been a long time since I had treated myself to anything. So, I jumped online and ordered a few new pairs of yoga pants, new sports bras, and tank tops. As soon as they arrived I already felt a new drive to get up and get active.

I set a goal for myself. After the first five pounds lost, I'd get myself a new pair of running shoes. It made me work harder. And I was becoming more energetic and happier with myself.

Moms, how do you motivate yourself to keep active?

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 8:25 AM

Our bathroom is upstairs so I make a priority to go up stairs alot.Plus I usually have a basket that sits downstairs to collect stuff so I sue it elsewhere so I can take everything up as soon as it accumulates.

othermom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I need to work more on staying motivated.

la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I like to look good and feel good about myself. I like to be healthy and know I'm setting a good example for my children. The better I feel about myself, the better mom and person I feel.

goddess99
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 11:33 AM

Small goals are a great idea. I have zero motivation so I have no advice.

Larsbug
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 2:40 PM

I'm in my first trimester of my 3rd pregnancy, so I have 0 motivation to do much of anything other than sleep LOL

MistressMinerva
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I work all the time so I have no motivation after I get home.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I used to run and do races all the time but Levaquin changed all that.

Charizma77
by Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM

I need to motivate myself, especially lately..

mem82
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:30 PM

I'm getting older so the thought of not being able to lose weight actually helps motivate.

mem82
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:31 PM

My 13 yo dd is also a great motivation because I want her to be healthy and has less exercise now that she isn't a kid running around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement