Welcome to the Club

Getting New Moms Adjusted to Mommyhood One Step at a Time

Group Home

I'm Already Sweating...

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 55 Replies

According to my calendar, I should be taking the baby on a walk tonight as my workout. I’ve been trying to plan my workouts in advance so I’m more likely to get them done. I even reward myself with an actual shiny gold star sticker when I stick to the plan on my calendar.

Well. My calendar can suck it tonight. It is approximately a million degrees with 197% humidity out there and thought of putting my girl in a carrier and going for a walk sounds as appealing as a sharp stick to the eye.

Working out with the kids and working out outside are both great ideas, of course, except on nights like tonight. When the weather heats up I am all about either being indoors or in water. Sometimes I’ll do a couple of short workout videos (I really like these 10 minutes ones from PopSugar fitness on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=popsugar+10+minute+workout) or I’ll check to see if I can find an aqua aerobics class or lap swimming at my local pool. I fell in love with aqua aerobics while I was pregnant after I discovered it was the perfect pregnancy workout: the water helped support the belly so I actually felt light and comfortable and, let’s be honest, it was also the only workout I could do where I wasn’t worried that someone could tell if I accidently peed a little bit.

Pregnancy is so glamorous, right?

If you do head outside for a workout during these summer months, make sure to hydrate well (especially if you are nursing!) and try to go early in the morning before it gets too warm. This is one time when those early morning baby wake-ups might be a good thing, if they help you get out the door before the sun rises too much!

What is your exercise plan for sweaty summer days?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:46 AM
I walk inside, with my leslie sansone walk aerobics workout videos. I did three miles today. I have one that goes up to five miles. I love those things!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:10 AM

The pool makes it pretty nice to get some physical activity in without killing myself lol

LoveMyBug2013
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM

I definitely love the peeing while exercising part.  Especially when the panty liner can't contain it.

I'm trying to figure out if my friends are doing anything today.  I'm not sure how up to working out I feel today.  I really should since it's been 3 days (Friday was a holiday plus the weekend) and Thursday was a pretty minimal workout.  Finding energy this early in pregnancy is tough.

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I walk and do leg lifts,sit ups.

NicLof2
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 7:49 AM
Right now I only do light water aerobics since I'm over 8months pregnant and this heat is killing me!! I'm even hot indoors. Lol
johnny4ever
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:11 AM

I work out inside with dance on wii!

RobynS
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:44 AM

I do classes at the gym in the summer, same as in winter. I need an instructor or I won't get a good workout.

strictmomhere
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I walk
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ambear72
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:35 AM
I'm like you, give me water! It gets very comfortable in the evenings starting about 8 pm, so if I go for a walk it's them. It I will go swimming. I don't deal well with heat. It's my Mortal Enemy! Lol
elasmimi
by on Jul. 8, 2014 at 11:44 AM
2 moms liked this

Walking from the sofa to the frig for more lemonade.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement Advertisement