Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easy Access to Healthy Eats

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:45 AM
  • 57 Replies

Eating healthy is a chore when you are so busy you barely have time to take a shower. Am I right? There's been some mornings where it's well past noon before I have a chance to get ready, let alone make a lunch that will power me through the rest of the day.

I found that prepping my veggies as soon as I bring them home from the grocery store helps so much. I rinse, cut and store anything I buy so that I have easy access to it for snacks and salads.

My favorite go to snack as of late? Red bell peppers dipped in hummus. I've actually filled a plastic cup with hummus and plopped a few pepper sticks in there so I could make the snack portable while on my errands.

The cut veggies also make it easy to prepare quick salads. Toss a little lean meat or protein rich beans and you're good to go.

Eating well is just part of the equation in getting fit and staying so after the birth of your baby.

Moms, how do you make sure you're eating right during the week?

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 1:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Miranda1127
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I have to prepare on grocery day. If I have it all prepared before it goes in the fridge eating right is much easier.

mrswillie
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Certain things we prepare when we bring them home. Strawberries get cleaned! Cut and frozen. Carrots get cleaned, cut and put in separate containers for dh to take for lunch.
delanna6two
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Something to work on for me.

elasmimi
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:04 AM

I keep fresh fruit and veggies in the frig at all times.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:08 AM

We stopped buying processed and have been stocking up on fresh fruit and veggies.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM
1 mom liked this
That's a good idea.

Quoting Miranda1127:

I have to prepare on grocery day. If I have it all prepared before it goes in the fridge eating right is much easier.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM
I just make sure there's always something cut and ready.
johnny4ever
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Mealplanning works great!

copperswifey
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I try to keep healthy foods in the house more then the junk food so that is what you eat when you are hungry :) 

Leelee1008
by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 12:48 PM

honestly I dont eat right at all... And I really should.. I have been trying to add more fruits into my diet instead of serious junk food... and I have tried to cut down on he sodas 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN