Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's the LIttle Things That Count

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM
  • 55 Replies

Keeping active is a hard thing to do when you are tired. It's even harder to do when you have children. I have a six year old and a one year old, plus a part time job, and then all the daily housework and chores. Don't get me wrong. I love all of it. But, I'm pretty beat by the end of the day.

I try to do at least one active thing a day, even if it means forcing myself to do so. I know that once I do it, I'll feel better and even have a bit more energy. It also keeps me healthy and ready for whatever is in store the next day.

Here are a few small things that I do to keep moving during the week:

Take my son to the baseball field and chase after his t-ball practice hits.

Do leg lifts with my one year old on my legs for a little bit of added weight and resistance

Take a walk around the neighborhood with my stroller and six year old in tow

Walk to dinner instead of drive if we are eating out

Walk the mall or farmer's market with the kids

Invite other mom friends for a jog or a walk to coffee with the baby

Moms, how do you keep your self moving during the week?

by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Ambear72
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 3:19 AM

I wish we could go walking the mall, we dont have one here.  I have to force myself to get up and get moving.  We dont really have anything to do here where I live so if I want to go anywhere to stay cool and exercise I have to either go swimming or drive 30-45 miles to do so.  

RobynS
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 8:26 AM

I take classes at the gym. I am terrible at working out on my own--I need an instructor pushing me and it doesn't hurt to be surrounded by other folks doing the same workout. ;)

strictmomhere
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:02 AM
We walk often
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cjsjellybean
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:24 AM

I just recently bought a fitbit.  Seeing the little lights on it to see how active or lazy I've been is definitely a huge motivator.  I've definitely done laps around the house to get my step counts up!!

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 9:35 AM

We walk and swim alot during summer.

Sisteract
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:07 AM

I have a 1 yo golden retriever puppy and a small yard. I take her out for a long walk, daily. It is for both of us.

Sisteract
by on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Quoting cjsjellybean:

I just recently bought a fitbit.  Seeing the little lights on it to see how active or lazy I've been is definitely a huge motivator.  I've definitely done laps around the house to get my step counts up!!

Which one did you get? My hubs has the bracelet one. I had the small, cheapest one and it stopped working within a week.  I took it back and have been skeptical.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM

I go to the gym

Jukebox_Jenny
by Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM

Quoting Sisteract:

Quoting cjsjellybean:

Which one did you get? My hubs has the bracelet one. I had the small, cheapest one and it stopped working within a week.  I took it back and have been skeptical.

I have the flex and I like it a lot 

Click my logo or find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/MyLittlePunks!  :)

momofsixangels
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2014 at 10:25 AM

I go for walks and do sit ups and leg lifts everyday

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN