Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TMI Time

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 90 Replies
1 mom liked this

Accidental peeing, runner's trots and leaky boobs...join me, friends. Let's take a trip to TMI-land.

We all know that exercising is good for us, both physically and mentally, especially after we become moms. We also, I think, usually hope that exercising will help us get fit and strong and maybe even help our booties look better in those yoga pants that most of us wear for months after we have a baby.

But, let's be real. Sometimes the pursuit of a healthier, maybe even sexier, body can result is some seriously unsexy moments. Here are some tips to deal with some of the not-so-fun exercise moments you might experience as you bounce back after baby:

Leaking boobs: When I was still a nursing mother, I was surprised at how much I leaked the first time I tried to run after the baby was born. I think it was one part too big sports bra, one part going too close to a feeding time and one part bodies are just weird. I found that making sure I fed the baby or pumped right before I left not only helped with leaks but also just made it more comfortable to run (or, truthfully, speed waddle). I also added some nursing pads into my sports bra and invest in a better, more supportive bra.

Runner's trots: Oh man. The dreaded rumble tummy that results in a clenching need to hustle to the nearest bathroom is a problem for lots of people including many professional runners. The act of running gets your blood flowing in a way that also gets your GI tract moving too quickly. I've found that avoiding caffeine, trying to do some bathroom business and avoid artificial sweeteners before a run can help prevent this most uncomfortable phenomenon.

Pee leaks: It is VERY common to find that your pelvic floor isn't as strong as it used to be before baby and that you may leak a little urine doing certain kinds of exercises like jumping jacks or burpees (there is a reason so many women at the gym are wearing black pants!). Other than dutifully doing your Kegels, the best bet is just to use a thin pad for a little extra protection.

The good news is that a little leaking never killed anyone, but heart disease does so let's all get out there and get moving!

Do you have any TMI workout stories? Any other tips for dealing with these issues?

by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
letstalk747
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 12:30 AM

i dont

kellynh
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:51 AM

I do not!

elasmimi
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 7:59 AM

Since I don't exercise, no stories.

strictmomhere
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:28 AM
Yes i have a few lol
7 weeks after my oldest was born I was on the treadmill and all of a sudden i leaked all over the pads did not help:(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I peed a little doing sit ups lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
strictmomhere
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:42 AM
After my first i got clumsy lol tripped over my own feet at the gym
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:43 AM
Ive had major leakage problems
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LaniBee
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 8:48 AM

I've had TMI moments, but none of them related to having my children! lol

johnny4ever
by on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Nope.....I usually just walk.But I have started to lose my bladder the last couple months.

copperswifey
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Lol no stories here :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN