Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bounce Back After Baby Challenge Day 3: Make a Date with Yourself!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM
  • 53 Replies

Today, we're giving you permission to set aside a couple of tasks that can wait until tomorrow and spend a little extra time on YOU (no guilt allowed)! Today's challenge is to make a date with yourself!

Tonight, put the kids to bed an hour early - or stay up an hour late - put aside the chores, pour your favorite beverage, curl up with a book, catch-up on some grown-up tv, listen to music, or just be quiet with your own thoughts.  (If SO is around, they're welcome to join you on your date but it's your call - if you want to be alone, go for it!) 

reading

Do you get any "me time" since your baby was born? Do you ever feel guilty if you take time for yourself? Tell us how you will be spending your date!

Each mom who participates in all 10 days of the challenge will be entered to win a Welcome to the Club gift basket!

Join Our Bounce Back After Baby Challenge!

by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JaeSung
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:27 PM
I kindof always get me time. Either playing apps on my phone. Or doing sudoku puzzles. But some of those times are when baby decides to be active. So then it is us time! :D
letstalk747
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM

IN MY FAV CHAIR WATCHING tv DOWN LOW with my dog on my lap

LoriAnn87
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:29 PM

Yes I get me time I work part time nights and weekends and then on my days off my husband will take our boys over his parent's house for about an hour so I can relax, get my nails done or do whever else I want too do.

Vertical15
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM

My "me" time is at the gym.  Work hard or go home!  I try not to feel guilty.  Being healthy means I'll be there for my kiddos as they get older.

louannwilkins
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM

In the beginning I did feel guilty because I felt that I had so much to do still.  lol  Eventually I realized I needed some time  :)

Seximama23
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:32 PM
Nope! I am always cleaning lol. I shall do my load of laundry tomorrow
NicLof2
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:36 PM
We are getting ready for a new little one to come anytime next week or after and have a toddler at home full time so I don't get much free time right now. I did get an hour today because dh was off. I took a nap. Lol
LoveMyBug2013
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:38 PM

I'm working full time with an insane commute so I don't get "me time" on week nights.  DH does usually let me sleep in one morning on the weekend and have some time in the afternoons to rest while he takes care of DS.  DH is also really good if I want to go out with the girls one night or something and loves staying with DS alone. 

Right now since I'm still dealing with first trimester exhaustion, my ideal "me time" would be to just get in bed and read and rest.

poptart0325
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:51 PM
I have free time every now and then. While she naps, after she goes to bed for the night and when my mom or another family member asks for her for a little while. I don't feel guilty when I take some "me time" because I know it's well-deserved and everyone needs their own time to do their own thing.
kcangel63
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:53 PM
I send the kids to bed at 9. About 10-11 they are in bed. LOL! I have an hour or two of 'me time' at night.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)