Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

combined birthdays?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
  • 12 Replies
Im not sure what to do, my oldest sons b-day is Dec.8th (will turn 8) , my youngest (who will turn one) is Dec. 9th. Ideas on a combined party? Is it ok to combined their party?
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PennOhioBabe
by Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 5:01 AM
My sons birthdays are June 25th (9 years old) & June 18th ( 5 years old). We have always had a combined party. It has always turned out to be fun. We've done Chuck E Cheese party, indoor community pool party, park party, bounce around party, indoor playground party. It helps they are the same gender and like the same stuff now that they are older. The first two or three birthdays they each had their own theme. Now they usually pick the same. Their last party was The Lego Movie theme party.
momofsixangels
by Silver Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 7:34 AM

How about a party at the park?

lillucky8
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 9:42 AM
My kids bdays are october and july so we arent really able to combine them...i dont see why they couldnt be combined
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Heather819
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 10:48 AM
I wish, we have winter babies lol

Quoting momofsixangels:

How about a party at the park?

Larsbug
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:21 AM

why not! My kids are March 2nd and March 22nd...I've always done seperate parties for them but this year since baby will be only a few weeks old I might throw a combined party with friends, and then on their actual birthdays I will give them their presents, they can have the dinner of their choice and their own cake.

sunshinepraying
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:24 AM

Yes, I would combine their party. Maybe do a little family celebration yourselves for each separately, like taking them out to the restaurant of their choice on their birthday. But I would combine for the party otherwise.

sunshinepraying
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 11:25 AM

For friend parties, things like having it at the park or playground, a moon bounce place, the pool, or something like that would be good for both if they have different interests of what they like. Most kids like that stuff.

letstalk747
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM

we combined parties just  had 2 cakes

LoveMyBug2013
by on Jul. 23, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I'm going to argue the other side and say in this case it won't work.  It would be fine to do a combined family party, but not for friends.  A one year old party is more for the adults.  My concern is more for the 8 year old who will have to share and not get a "fun" friends party.  At 8, most kids do pool parties (indoor), skating, bounce house, mini golf, laster tag, etc.  I would say talk to ODS before combining.

Heather819
by New Member on Jul. 23, 2014 at 4:40 PM
My 8 year old would definitely pick where the party would be, he loved the idea about having a party with his brother, i plan to ask a few more times b4 December comes lol. He loves batman so i was thinking him a nice 2 layer cake and the baby a small robin cake, batman and robin. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)