Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy and Me Swimming

Posted by   + Show Post

This summer has been the summer of the pool. We've been enjoying the pool at our local YMCA nearly everyday. We now have a routine - coffee (me), bottle (baby), breakfast (toddler) and then pool time.

Not only is it refreshing but it's great exercise as well. My toddler gets on my back and I hold the baby up front and I walk the length of the pool several times. All the way, the boys are laughing and giggling.

I've been trying to find an exercise that feels more like fun and less like work. And, I think this might be it!

I think this is a summer that I'll remember forever, and hopefully the boys will too.

Moms, what memories will you cherish from this summer?

by on Jul. 28, 2014 at 2:40 PM
Replies (61-62):
earthangel1967
by on Aug. 20, 2014 at 4:28 AM

That's wonderful.... I have a lot of happy memories from this summer.. various wonderful dates and moments with my husband/bff Todd and also various fun outings and get togethers with me, Todd and some of our adult kids.. but the #1 favorite one of this summer is that Todd and I got to do the #1 thing on BOTH of our bucket lists!! AND to make it even more special we got to do it with our youngest daughter 20 yr old AManda and her long  term live in boyfriend John 21 (those 2 live across the country in FL and we live in Michigan)

Todd and I flew to Orlando (Amanda and John live about 1 1/2 hrs from there & drove to meet us and stay at hotel with us for several days)... 

we spent 

1st day playing like kids at  Aquatica water park. 

3rd last day we spent at Seaworld. 

2nd day was our bucket list day..... We spent day at Discovery Cove in Orlando ... we got to swim and kiss dolphins right on the 'lips'!!! We got to swim with, pet and hand feed stingrays, some up to 5 ft in diameter! We got to pet and handfeed a wide variety of exotic birds, big and small in their bird aviary! We got to pet an anteater and float down  their lazy river  on the current which  was scenic, beautiful and fun and had marmoset monkeys and river otters! We got to go on an underwater Seaventure walk in  diving helmets with TONSSSSS of fish surrounding us at some points & stingrays and sea urchins and other underwater beings .. it felt like being on another planet it felt surreal.. It was just a beyond awesome experience all day long! 

Here's Me, Todd, Our daughter and her  boyfriend with 40 yr old Lester the Dolphin (ignore my wet flat hair and no makeup you can't wear makeup there lol) 

Here's me and Todd (Amanda and John were with us too) in the underwater seaventure walk in diving helmets 

And here is our 20 yr old youngest daughter Amanda and my husband Todd in  the  bird aviary there.

And here is me at Seaworld having a touching moment with a penguin ... it was sooo sweet it came right  up to the glass directly to me todd amanda and john! We think it could sense our intense lovies toward all animals. : ) 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Miranda1127
by Member on Aug. 21, 2014 at 12:43 AM

we did mommy and me swimming with ds. he loved it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN